Checking Ground or Terrain Spikes

The last batch of spikes reported in the forum did get corrected. Those spikes were pretty much global and disappeared as you approached them. These spikes grow as you approach.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. → No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? → No

Brief description of the issue:
Around the lake Manapouri in New Zealand (around coordinates -45.5335, 167.2558, see attached image) some mountains do have extreme spikes.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 4.7GHz (Nvidia driver version 461.40)
Mainboard: Asus ROG Maximus Extreme XI
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB, @ DDR4-3733, CL17-19-19-39
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X
Monitor: Samsung C49RG90 (5120x1440@120Hz)
Gameversion: latest (1.13.16.0, world update 3), Steamversion, installed on an 2TB Samsung Evo 970 Plus NVME SSD
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.804), installed on a 500GB Samsung Evo 970 Plus NVME SSD
Used input devices: Logitech x56 (Throttle + Stick), Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals, Stream Deck

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? → Yes, Request #94095

I also found wrong terrain in Canada around Baie-Comeau (CYBC) - basically still alot of elevated water levels (lakes and rivers)!
And I found a complete wrong terrain around Vanuatu (Savusavu (NFNS) ) - it seems that the terrain information for half of the island is missing!

`Just reporting their is a significant terrain spike near Robbins Island which is on coast of North West Tasmania. Elsewhere in area is OK. This just looms out of nowhere. I was approaching at about 2000 from North

Have you tried with version 1.13.17.0? This is the latest updated version.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Glitches - Raised Waterways -Height Issues - in Waterways - Lakes, Rivers, Bays

still there with SimUpdate 3 (1.14.5.0) :frowning:

Found some pretty spikes in v 1.14.5.0 in the south-eastern part of Mexico:

Oh well at least they look like Volcanoes in Hawaii

Spike disappears within a range of 20nm. I can’t give accurate coordinates because of this. I have highlighted the area where they appear.

Hawaii Big Island

Thank you much!

Some of these have to be reported to zendesk as they need hand correcting. What you found is different than the new spikes. The new ones grow as you approach. But both types need to be hand done as it’s the AI doing it based on elevation data that may be incorrect. I’ll report this one for you.

All the best!

1 Like

Has the Hawaii region been updated recently, I have noticed a difference in texture detail and colour since the last update and flew in this region just before the last update. I think is was supposed to be in the last USA update, but it appears that the data has only just come through on the Bing data. Maybe related because there is default textures mixed in with Bing data texture in places?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. Yes but made no difference

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: There are some totally unnatural peaks in the Southern Alps just west of Lake Manapouri after taking off from NZMO

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: fly west from NZMO

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Couldn’t find any other post about this so I assume it was cause by one of the recent updates but on Patagonia bush trip leg 8 there are multiple major mountain errors along the route. I took a couple screen shots of the map for some of them to help locate, although its hard to give precise locations when flying VFR.
These are in order from start of leg to end.
One:

Two:

Rough location of two(see two red dots on mountain behind plane):

Three:

Rough location of three(see red dot east of plane):

Four:

1 Like

Hi,
when i fly over northern countries like sweden, iceland or norway, i always find these weird looking shaped textures. Is there a fix for that?

Yup noticing a lot around New Zealand

.I will post some screenshots with the ones I found.I am noticing some shorter ones. Although in my screenshot it may not be one but it doesn’t look normal.

same there: Bad performance (Low FPS) with World Update 3 and new London photogrammetry - possible memory leaks - #206 by Ju1ius2416

Found this flying around in the SW Chicago area, around Romeoville… at this point, I had just added FSDT’s O’Hare and DD’s Chicago Scenery

BTW, thanks for getting rid of most of the spikes in the update.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Spikes appear without addons in community folder

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Appear in non dev mode as well as in dev mode

Brief description of the issue:
2 spike regions:

And near KLOT

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Just get to these regions, coordinates on images

i7-8750H
GTX 1060m 6Gb
32 GB RAM

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Yes:

and

1 Like

51°49’26.02N, 126°40’31.25W

Heinz

1 Like