Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth

with full marks!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: exactly

1 Like

please dear friend watch this video… have this problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMD_8jP_wPs&t=35s

1 Like

I‘m not sure if this is generally true (not doubting your observation). On my end I haven’t noticed any deterioration since the last patch. I flew in the US (California and Washington), Italy and Switzerland (A320).

Mine looks worse after the last patch. Seems it loads in right under the airplane only. I have a strong internet connection, although Wifi. Who knows.

2 Likes

You can increase the LOD in the .ini file, but will need a mighty gpu/cpu to do it, not sure if the LOD has been decreased since the last patch, seems about the same to me?
will some screenshots and try and compare them to older ones

Anything past 100 detail sliders is jerky to me.

What are your sys specs?

Ryzen 5 3600, 5700XT, 32gbs Ram, on an SSD, 100MBPS wireless internet. I figure the internet is the issue, but who knows. Right now I can’t get through a flight without a CTD.

146 ms is slow latency fyi. Could impact the time it takes to load the terrain.

Well, that was my first thought, but when flying into a city ( directly over ) that has photogrammetry the imagery will load up, Fly away and it massivly degrades, I guess if it was a slow loading time ( Latency ) then the imagery would stay loaded in after some time. I can stay around the area for 30 mins and nothing changes, also includes ground textures.

It’s slow for fps games. It’s normal for loading something. 50ms or 200ms won’t make a difference.

1 Like

I have done testing and Indeed they dont seem to have changed the LOD much in the last patch?
You can increase the LOD in the *. ini Co fig file, I have mine at 4.000, the max in game is 2.000 (200) this will help but ends up using 18Gb of my 3090 vram and 20Gb of Sys ram on my 5120x1440 screen, so will drop the frames a little, I have a 900mbps connection do that might help me too?

I have spent the past 3 hours trying different settings as my graphics were horrendous thinking it was my machine, but appears i am not alone.

1 Like

Does this still work for you? Since the last update every time I start the game saved CT table does not work anymore and I need to go through the whole process all over again.

My latency 177ms, no packets lost, actually geometric solid trees appear. How to reduce latency?

We also need to talk about that horrible offline-textures. They are in no way state of the art. Even FSX did that better. This is important as MSFS uses offline scenery wherever quality of satellite imagery is not sufficient.

Latency has nothing to do with it, it’s not counter strike. Latency doesn’t matter for this game.
Game just doesn’t use the bandwidth, it only downloads ~2GB per hour. It might be because all the high quality textures would fill the vram quickly so they limiting the textures intentionally.

Ground textures are amazing! :thinking:

3 Likes

i installed the game again and you are right. have to do it manually every time like you say