Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth

I remembered Tile Proxy when I played FSX.
This was a MS DOS Software which downloaded Google earth world textures and meshes to add them IRL in the game during flight.

That was just amazing, beautiful, with very detailed world map.

With MFSF, textures look sad whereas the Azur system with Bing data technology is brand new…
hope they will fix this because I can’t really take some pleasure to fly with such low Rez texture

4 Likes

Hi guys!
I have a similar issue… I find the terrain to be quite pixelated at times.
For example, I’m currently doing the Nevada bush trip and I find the roads and some other parts pixelated, not really detailed.

Did some of you did the Nevada bush trip?

Last week I did a flight over italy and it looked much better.
I’m actually wondering if the issue is not linked to the server load.

My internet connection is around 900Mbps so it sould not be an issue.

Cam’

4 Likes

Maybe…
I flew over reunion yesterday evening and that was really disgusting

3 Likes

I have been having this same issue and I might have found a possible fix… I completely disabled the rolling cache and deleted the cache file, the game seems to actively streem data again and I am getting much higher quality maps than yesterday, still not as good as day one mind but still a somewhat improvement

4 Likes

I am wondering if there are server-side network issues causing problems with receiving higher quality data.

As seen in this thread, people are not receiving high quality textures regardless of their connection speeds. I have also noticed that creating a manual cache can easily take upwards of five minutes just to download and cache less than 2MB of data, so something unusual is happening.

3 Likes

Your comparison is clearly true.
above 2000ft texture begin to be low rez.

My GPU memory is pretty consistent at 2 GB out of 8 and my downstream usage is pretty much nonexistent (~ 1 Mbps out of 100). Sounds to me like there’s some headroom for higher-res textures.

1 Like

Just go Bora Bora lagoon and see the water… Then go manual cache and compare…
I have same issue… In cache viewer it’s superb. In game it’s… ■■■■… No texture on water just very very low res… I tried many things and so far no fix… And even downloading cache manually would take time and bandwidth but end result file with nearly no size which means not storing properly the cache

1 Like

Have also noticed things do look nearly as crisp as they should.
I have 600Mb connection and FS2020 rarely hits 1 Mb Down.

In my case, I saw the OCEANIA video the other day and wanted to try those locations and I have not only the problem of blurry textures but also in my case the location look no where near the place shown in the video. That part of clear water you should be able to see sand below the water. I tried on every place and it is the same. I have everything running on ultra, all online features activated but nothing. I’ve flown for hours over this island but it never loaded textures and yes, I have a 100mb connection and downloading speeds are in the order of kilobytes. The sim is beautiful and runs awesomely well. I hope this gets fixed soon.

4 Likes

here’s how it looks in the trailer

4 Likes

Can confirm this issue. 300 Mbps according to Speedtest and MSFS is only utilizing 2-5Mbps

I have exactly same problem

The place in your screenshot doesn‘t have the water masking yet as far as I know (at least not when I checked last week). Have you tried some of the places from the thread linked below? There you should find shallow waters with reefs etc. (e.g. in Ambergris Cay or the Dahlak Archipelago).

Oh, thanks for the tip. I wasn’t aware of that, but since I saw that in the trailer I thought I would give it a try. Will take a look at the places you mentioned and post an update if it doesn’t work for me. Thanks

any fix yet ? =(

1 Like

Not yet…
and we do not hear anything from MSF about a patch release and change log

2 Likes

They said they were going to announce an update on Thursday for sometime in September. Although I’m not sure if that’s for a major world update and patches are one a different schedule (which I kinda hope).

Hmm, I just flew KTPA - KATL and during both takeoff and landing the ground looked pretty good at over 6000 ft.

That’s about as good as I always thought it should. It could probably be sharper yet, but bandwidth and GPU memory are not unlimited.

Maybe they prioritzed the US satellite data over Europe. Or maybe it just works better sometimes than other times…

Sir, no one here is complaining flying at such a low altitude :slight_smile: You didnt get your time to read whole thread and got mislead + dense autogen overlays low res textures