Ground Textures only loading in a tiny circle beneath my plane

Hello guys, perhaps you can help me.

Normally I play MSFS on ultra settings with Terrain Detail set to 300 and everything except Motion Blur and Depth of Field set to max. Those last two settings are disabled for a better screenshot quality. Never had any problems concerning texture quality - until today.

I noticed it during the second half of my flight from Rabat to Al Hoceima (both in Morocco): After returning from 6500ft altitude to about 3000ft I noticed that the texture quality was horrible. Not normal non-World Update graphics but those weird “offline textures”. The only area where the real textures were loading was in a tiny circle beneath my plane which kept moving with me. When I used Active Pause it didn’t continue to load the textures around me, they just stayed in that small circle until I resumed the flight. As I said - there are better quality textures for that area, they just weren’t loading anywhere except directly beneath me. Checked graphics settings, connection settings, disabled Bing textures, re-enabled them, disabled and enabled multiplayer and checked my internet connection - nothing unusual found there!

What baffles me is that I didn’t notice anything like that on the first half of the flight when I was staying at about 2500-3500ft. It only started after crossing the mountains at 6500ft altitude and then returning to my normal altitude.

Does anyone has an idea what the problem could be? I emptied the rolling cache yesterday, could that have broken something?

Thanks in advance!

If you don’t suffer the same in say Europe or the USA then it’s probably due to bad, possibly corrupt data MSFS server side. In my experience corruption usually gets fixed with the next sim or world update but just plain bad scenery can only improve with a specific update for that area.