Gsync does not work with MSFS 2020

By selecting the Gsync indicator setting in the Nvidia settings and by enabling the FPS counter build in your monitor. If it shows the same FPS in Msfs2020 as the devmodes FPS in msfs2020 shows. You know it is ON. Otherwise it will show you a static number that matches your monitor hz setting.

At least that’s my cup of 🫖.

2 Likes

The problem is that it basically worksforafew seconds, then goes backto native, works, backto native etc… Itdoesnt work properly ALL THE TIME.

We need exclusive fullscreen mode in the future.

How do you know it goes to native? Please me know so I can verify this at my rig also. I’m curious. Thx in advance !

Enablingthe refreshrate counter in your monitor.should be in OSD setting or similar.

Have this on sir. It shows the exact same fps as the FPS counter from msfs2020 devmodes all the time.

Lucky you, not for me tho.

omg thanks for the tip @MrFuzzy4528 … didn’t realized that my GSYNC monitor was not woking correctly with MSFS… now with NVIDIA Profil Inspector GSYNC is activated and it is muuuuch better !!!

1 Like

The range at which each monitor G-sync operates within might be to blame.
I have noticed it doesn’t work with mine regardless the frames. MSFS is the only game I have to enable Vsync in… everything else works fine with G-Sync ON and Vsync OFF on my monitor.

1 Like

We need to use NVidia profile inspector and that fixes it…Close this topic.

No, it doesnt. It still doesnt work as it should on some cases.

you need to check whether the window and full screen mode is enabled in the Nvidia profile inspector. It woked for me.

yeah yeah, did all of that. its just too inconsistent.