PMS50 GTN750 Project

Great news! Carenado seems to be working on adding GTN750 to their whole MSFS fleet.

5 Likes

This should survive to reboot.
Now We have improved the way to refresh Navigraph tokens. Will be in the next beta release.

WE ? do you now have a ā€œTeamā€ working on this MOD now ā€“ The ā€œScorpion Groupā€ ?

This was what I referred to earlier in the thread. I am on my first Seneca flight at present and Navigraph charts donā€™t want to show from within the 750, even though they readily show within monitors 2 and 3 on my setup. I havenā€™t tried to redo the log in on the 750, but being in the cruise now, I might give it a shot to see what happens.

Did more tests with all other mods uninstalled. For me itā€™s not only the JF PA28. After 15-45 minutes it crashed multiple flights in the C172 too. I tried different locations now. To be sure i removed the GTN750 again and now iā€™m 3 hours in flight with no CTD.

Are people still having CTDs when traffic/weather is disabled?

Try also by removing Traffic data and messaging from the GTN750 options menu.

Here is a protocol to try isolating a potential CTD coming from the GPS:

• Start your flight normally
  • Go to System/Setup/Options page and unset traffic data and messaging system
  • Come back to the main menu (home or CLR button)
  • Go to a page only when you need it and come back to the main menu page when you have finished with the page (donā€™t stay always on a specific page).
  • Donā€™t fly a direct TO.
  • If you test with the arrow, set the GNS430 and 530 to an auxiliary page that does nearly nothing (com setup) and donā€™t switch to these GPSs after that.

If you do all that, the GPS is doing nearly nothing except updating the flight plan and the approach (in case another GPS changes it).

When you go to a specific page, the GPS is updating the data of this page. If you have a CTD while in a specific page without manipulating anything, the problem may come from the page update itself or is not related to the GPS. In this case, please report us the page where you got the CTD.

If you are in the main menu and do nothing with the GPS but still have a CTD, there is very very less chance that the issue comes from the GPS.

If you have a CTD immediately after doing something on the GPS, please give the sequence. This may be an issue in the GPS here.

3 Likes

I will try these things tonight. But this week i did about 10 flights in a row with and without the GPS and every flight with the GPS i crashed (within 30 minutes) and every flight without the GPS not (in a 3 hour flight). But until now i did every flight on the map page.

Tonight Iā€™m gonna torture all the windows of the GTN :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point. Try with the protocol and do not display the map (use the game VFR map). Just stay in the main menu and see if you can reproduce a crash here.
For the arrow, there is a potential conflict with the 530 that is not correctly disabled (when hidden) so the GNS530 and the 430 still working in background and may interfer here. I saw that with JF and they will fix it.
If you test with the arrow, set the GNS430 and 530 to an auxiliary page that does nearly nothing and donā€™t switch to these GPSs after that.

1 Like

Yes i heard that with the VFR map there are a total of 4 maps loaded and the sim doesnā€™t like this. But on the other hand it also crashed every time i tried it in the C172.

Should i test with the Arrow or the C172?

Yes but with methodā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

If you got issues with the 172, test with it. The arrow introduces another parameter: GPS switching.
So testing on an aircraft that do not have this parameter is also a good thing.

Personally, I never got a CTD. Iā€™m mainly testing with the grand caravan.

I bought the Arrow on release day, and have flow it almost exclusively since then. I was getting crashes before the 750 was released, as well as after. Its quite possible itā€™s exacerbated by this plane, but I doubt soul cause as I had the same typed of crashes on other planes. Iā€™d have to go back through my logbook to the start of the year to see what I was flying at the time.

Pretty much any log event that I see ending with a ā€œvicinityā€ will have been the result of a crash. That will tell me the plane. If it was capable of running the 530 it will have been with the mod. I have only used the 750 with the Arrow.

FYI,

Having never had one before that Iā€™ve not known the direct cause of, Iā€™ve just had a CTD using the Arrow & the GTN750.

Now, I suspect itā€™s more likely to be the current Worldwide server issues that have caused it than anything else but on the off chance it isnā€™t that, the only different element this time was Iā€™d activated the 750ā€™s Metar function using a key from AVWX.

Iā€™ll leave it activated and if it happens again Iā€™ll let you know. Iā€™ve given up for tonight as the servers are mega flaky and the game is running slowly as a result.

The METAR code is absolutly safe here. I donā€™t think there is an issue with it and itā€™s used only if you request a metar.

1 Like

Ok. I think these server issues are far more likely to be the problem to be honest.

The game is pretty much unplayable right now.

1 Like

About 2000 miles into a 5000 miles flight in the JF PA-28. Cross crossing USA.
Not using LIVE weather ā€“ using ā€œunreal-weather-live-metarā€.
West Coast MP server.
AI traffic OFF
Metars & Charts active.
Every hour or so, doing as many function in GTN750 as I can, including adding waypoints.

So far, rock stable, and no drop in FPS.

May be a coincidence, but since starting to use ā€œunreal-weather-live-metarā€ instead of MS Live weather, not had a CTD in a few days.

Did this KB update this morning.

Had removed KB5001330 a few days ago, and since then, no CTD.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get it to crash yet in the main menu. Still flying.

On the map with messaging and traffic on it crashed after 20 minutes.
On the map with messaging and traffic off it crashed after 1 hour and 20 minutes.

1 Like

Try FS2FF, works like a charm:

https://github.com/astenlund/fs2ff/releases/tag/v0.1.13