PMS50 GTN750 Project

ok I tried again and it worked. First time I install both the base and premium and got a black screen. I deleted both from my folder and installed base only but not just the plane folder but also the hole folder and that worked. Directions do not say to install the entire base package but I did plus the separate 172 folder. Looks pretty awsome and I’m sure when it comes out of beta it will be fantastic, be sure to make it work with realsimgear, I’ll test it on mine just let me know if you want me to. Thanks for the great work I’m going to go play with it now

1 Like

If you hold right ALT and click the screen it will pop out into a separate window you can move and resize. Unfortunately it’ll just be the display and not the controls.

Do that already, but that is a two handed operation, really. All I was suggesting was a simpler hotspot to pop things out wherever they were when initially set.

Ah gotcha, in the meantime you could maybe remap the hotkey, “NEW UI WINDOW MODE” to something more convenient like on joystick or other spare mouse button.

That is a useful thought. Thanks!

Oh great. New project time! I just finished making a Arduino driven standalone GNS530 that works with the 530 mod flawlessly. Time to start on a GTN570 box now!

Well, you certainly won’t have much to do with a 750. There are more buttons on a coat pocket and that is the joy of it. All of that twiddling of the knobs, so beloved of arthritis stricken 530 users is a thing of the past and a great thing too, as far as a sim user goes.

Just done a few easy rnav approaches and the 750, even in early days, is a joy to use. I am confident of more to come but even now, in first beta form, this is one cracker of a unit.

6 Likes

Just installed as a replacement for G1000 with my 208B-EX mod and works like a charm. So far so good and I will report in if I come across any issues. Excellent documentation to go with the mod and help with initial setup/config.

1 Like

Once it’s ready, you’ll have my money. As a VR user I really miss my popout 750 from xplane. MSFS did better than laminar on the vr mouse manipulation of knobs, but not much better. Thank you for the hard work.

New G1000 mod last release display perfectly the engine information in G750 features. Tryed only whith G36

2 Likes

How do I get the GTN 750 to show up in the Just Flight Piper Arrow? Do I need to download something?

Download and install the GTN750 addon and then you can select it in the EFB.
Installation instructions are in the manual of the GTN750.

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated

Just flew with the GTN on the Arrow! The fact that they supplied a new bezel is EXCELLENT - it’s why that’s the only aircraft in my hangar right now using this. But the GTN works great, love it. Feels like home again!

2 Likes

The Arrow is going to introduce a lot of people to the joys of the GTN. Only thing I have seen so far in this implementation that they have missed, is that the direct to button on their new bezel is inoperative. But the mod is wonderful to use and will go from strength to strength.

1 Like

Direct To seems to work for me.

1 Like

That is good news. I will have a look tomorrow at this. Mine is just dead and I have used the activate leg from within the screen.

Hey guys,

I was amazed to see today that this was included in the new update for the JustFlight Arrow III. So I updated my Arrow, installed this, and as they say: voillard! I am absolutely blown away at the quality of this, and as a real-world Cherokee pilot and GTN750 user I’d be more than happy to help beta test this. Just tell me what to do (although for the love of God don’t tell me to join your Discord server - I can’t figure out Discord to save my life!).

The only thing that I noticed thus far is the approach ending prior to the field, you can see where the magenta line ends in the last shot down here.

Some shots from my RNAV10 approach to TNCM, Princess Juliana Airport in St. Maarten:

3 Likes

Question: can I use Navigraph charts with this? I don’t have a subscription now, but if it were to work with this it would be a must.

Thanks!

Is there any chance we could figure out a way to add this to say… the c172 classic? will this eventually be easy to add to panels?