PMS50 GTN750 Project

I thought this was a serious discussion. Never mind.

2 Likes

re-reading

Instrument currency flight at KRME went flawless today. - Congratulations

but In the sim (Topic is GTN750 Project), it doe not work ā€¦ and I just wasted over an Hour determining that - but now I understand what you are on about ā€¦

What you describe is what i saw, the Rnav approach tracked horizontally, but it was actually taking the LAST WP as the FAF, and descending you from there on a glideslopeā€¦

Seen this happen at many other Airports MSFS - Rnav01 KDCA being one, with WPs after the FAF, where it DOES work, and descends you from the FAF correctly on a Glideslope.

FSX Ghosts in the Asobo code ?

1 Like

I tried the KRME RNAV 33 in the RV-14 with the GTN750 but couldnā€™t get it to work. But in the Kodiak with the G1000, it worked flawlessly.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try it in a G1000 aircraft today. Are you using the NXi from Working Title or just the stock G1000?

WT G1000 NXi

1 Like

The NXi from Working Title ,may well work, as a lot of the GPS / Nav processing has been updated by WT .
At the moment though, its literally a ā€œmixed upā€ mess ā€¦ but the WT light is at the end of the tunnel (or should that be ==- end of the approach)

Did it now and worked for me (PA34 Seneca with GTN750 WTT),

KRME RNAV rwy33 but! There is HOLD defined inside app procedure after BOLTZ IAF (track from VASTS) so after complete this procedure turn to final track you need after BOLTZ activate leg to MARCY (FAF). Then approach goes without problems and descend profile corresponds with chart as fixes shows. On other side thax for update for GTN750 @ScorpionFilm422 :wink: works very good.

Thanks for checking that. BOLTZ is also an IAF, and thatā€™s what used. It should work. But I will try VASTS.

Sry,

but VASTS for what? I did it from VASTS fix and needed that correction to do.

Different situation comes if you arrive from N f.ex. then via BOLTZ and need do correct proc turn toward final track, if this procedure is permitted of course.

NEW GTN 750 RELEASE V2.1.41

See https://pms50.com/

• Bugfix: The load approach button may flash on the approach procedure selection page.
  • Bugfix WTT mode: missed approach active flag was not cleared after deleting a flight plan.
  • The flight plan delete button is now always enabled.
  • Bugfix: some H events for the direct To page were not triggered correctly.
  • Bugfix: WTT mode: some fields (ex DIS) or leg distance are not correct when there is no origin and destination in the stock sim flight plan.
8 Likes

Hi, there is something I want to ask to the community. MSFS doesnā€™t let you load a flightplan when you are Ā« in flight Ā». Because of that it impossible to get IFR clearance in a turnaround state, when you already completed a flight with the Fenix A320 for exemple.
But if you set a flightplan in the default avionic or in the PMS GTN750, IFR clearance become an option now, because it uses MSFS default flightplanner.

So what if we could get a tool in the toolbar, that could allow us to set a flightplan and get IFR clearance even with planes such as the Fenix A320 that doesnā€™t make use of msfs default flightplanner.

The PMS GTN750 already get an icon in the toolbar but in order to use it, we have to be using a plane that support the GTN750. Why not modify it to be able to use it with every plane making us able to get IFR clearance with every plane.

Sorry for this long explanation but I got this in the back of my head for quite qome time now and so far I havenā€™t seen anyone proposing something to deal with that issue

1 Like

You can use the toolbar GTN750 in any airplane even if there is no GTN750 in the cockpit.
Just try it.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™ll try it when back from work but if Iā€™m right last time I did, the Toolbar GTN gave me a message saying it didā€™nt have electrical power with the fenix A320

By the way, Iā€™m new to the PMS GTN750 and Iā€™m using the standard not premium, wainting for Carenado PC12 to get the premium version, anyway this is such a great tool, I really should have tried it earlier thanks you for that GTN

Ah yes, this could be possible with an airliner.
The GTN750 toolbar panel is powered by the master electric circuit.

1 Like

I know there is the GTN on others mod. But is there any plan to have native support to have the GTN650 replace a GNS430/530?

And their is no way to bypass the electronic master switch or fake it?

The power on is taken from the ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE sim variable that should be more than 5 volts.

Weā€™ll publish soon an SU10 compatible beta version of the GTN750 package.

4 Likes

That will also fix the GTN750 messing up the VFR Map ?

I am not clear why it does this in SU10 beta ā€“ I find the whole partial introduction of the WT flight plan improvement, very confusing, as to what affects what, and what is really happening.

There are numerous discussions on the subject, but nowhere have I found a definitive explanation in detail, of what is going on, or the direction these changes are going.

ā€œDocumentation by Hearsayā€ ??

Until now we were replacing the standard VFR map in order to display the WTT flight plan path. This will not be necessary any more since now WT made their own VFR map that is integrated in the sim.
So we need to remove our own VFR map in the next release (it currently stucks because SU10 requires the inclusion of a new javascript for WT).

2 Likes