PMS50 GTN750 Project

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is “WTT” ?

https://www.workingtitle.aero/

1 Like

The WTT is a framework developed by the Working Title company that completely overrides the stock flight plan and autopilot management. It brings more features than the stock framework.
The stock Asobo flight planner is very limited and can’t fly all leg types. WTT brings you that and more: visual approaches, vectors to final, holds, missed approach, etc…
Working Title technology will become the futur standard for MSFS avionics. It will start in few days with the incoming SU10 that brings the G1000Nxi in the base sim.

7 Likes

I’m sorry if this has been asked before or is a bit of a “stupid” question.

With the WASM (honestly don’t know that it is) being implemented for XBOX, is there any chance that the GTN750 would be coming for the XBOX users?

1 Like

I don’t believe the pms50 GTN750 uses “WASM”.

Also, as far as I can see, there should be no “technical” reason why the pms50 Garmins (GNS530 mod or GTN750) could not run on X-BOX, (with slightly less functionality ? ) but you will have to take that up directly with pms50 – it’s his choice to submit it or not.

But Note, to date, there are NO 3rd party “Aviation Instruments” for sale on the MarketPlace (ie able to potentially run on X-box), for either X-Box users or PC Users ( WT 1st party Developer products obviously excluded-- but they are effective MS/Asobo/WT offerings

1 Like

We’ll publish a new release today at SU10 launch time.
Even if the previous versions could work with SU10, it’s highly recommended to update the GTN750 package. If not done, you should have some issues and the VFR map will not work anymore.
We’ll not accept any support cases for previous GTN750 versions.

4 Likes

WASM isn’t being implemented for xbox yet, at least until Sim update 11 maybe.

Even so I imagine there are other technical reasons this product may not work on Xbox.

Interesting, up to your post, I had thought that here was no technical reason.
(Just a Personal choice by the Developer, PLUS - difficulty getting anything onto the market-Place in a timely manner)

Curious : What Technical reason are you imagining (That I may have missed ) ?

1 Like

There is no technical reason. We haven’t tested yet on Xbox but technically that should work the same way as for the PC because the GTN750 is a pure MSFS html gauge. Maybe some exception about features requiring to drop a file in a directory (ex import flight plan).
The problem is more at business level. For Xbox, we have to go the MS marketplace and currently Microsoft doesn’t accept what they call “freeware” on the marketplace. We asked but they refused.

3 Likes

Hey Scorp, when you post the update could you remind us where to find it? I’m sure I have it bookmarked, but I have a LOT of things bookmarked, so sometimes it takes me some time to figure out exactly where I filed stuff, and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone with that issue… Thanks much, and thanks again for all your hard work for the MSFS community. You are one of my favorite devs and I appreciate what you do, even if I don’t say that out loud a lot…

Kev

NEW GTN 750 RELEASE V2.1.44

See https://pms50.com/

• SU10 compatibility.
  • Bugfix: the map CDI cursor was hidden by the From/TO arrow.
  • Bugfix: APGA KAP140: the vertical mode may sometimes not turn to VS when engaging AP.
  • Workaround to a Simbrief pln file issue (simbrief pln files are missing information for waypoints attached to an airport).
  • G1000 MFD replacement mods are now working with the G1000Nxi (be sure to update the G1000 replacement package for your aircraft).
  • Audio panel MON button: possibility to change monitoring when the aircraft has COM3 MIC enabled. Pressing the MON button then toggles COM1, COM2, COM1+COM2, NONE.
  • Bugfix: some map airport symbol orientations are bad (Workaround to a sim issue).
  • Bugfix: removing city information in the waypoint map because this may create stutters (sim issue).
  • Added clickable areas in the status bar as shortcuts to home, map and direct To pages.
  • Added a way to enter directly the OBS value by clicking the OBS status in the status bar.
  • Tested an Ipad touchscreen working solution using the MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager mod and Duet application.
  • KAP140 APGA: The ROLL mode now always operates as a wing leveler mode with a 0 bank angle.
  • Bugfix: the region name for some small airport codes terminating with 2 numbers (ex WA96) may be wrong. Since we cannot be sure about the region name in this case, it will be left blank.
  • Bugfix: Map traffic icons may not be refreshed correctly.
  • Bugfix: WTT mode: bad flight plan display when direct To a departure or arrival procedure waypoint.
  • Bugfix: WTT mode: Workaround to a Sim bug that may display Arrival waypoints as enroute waypoints.
  • Bugfix G1000Nxi compatibility: The toolbar panel init time has been increased to be sure the Nxi is ready before starting the GTN750. This is to prevent some cases where the world map flight plan is not correctly loaded.
  • Bugfix: Selection of a user waypoint from the direct To page was not working as expected (WTT mode).
12 Likes

Sorry to be dense :face_in_clouds: but can we do away with the “zWTnxi-0.12.2-sync-fix” now?

You don’t need it anymore.

2 Likes

Impressive number of improvements & bug fixes.
Thank you :+1:

2 Likes

GTN750 fps drop 60 to 30 fps GTN750 on 30 fps to GTN750 off 60 fps to GTN750 on 30 fps again too!!

We can’t reproduce that issue on our side.
Be sure to test without any other mod in the community folder.
What do you call switch GTN750 off exactly?
Do you have this issue only with the map page ?
Anyway, we can’t provide support here. Please report it on our discord server (GTN750).

And as a paid version?

Microsoft currently doesn’t provide enough source protection for that.
The only way would be for Microsoft to buy our company and distribute the product for free as a standard in MSFS :laughing:

2 Likes

how do I get the metar working ? I have the paid GTN750, did the key and when I test it does give me a test but when I than go to airport info I dont get any metar :confused: using milviz c310r

Which airport?
Not all airports have a metar station. Check here: All airports and METAR weather stations