Guess where?

Am I close if I’m looking in the Middle East? Red Sea, Persian Golf, Caspian Sea? :fire: or :ice_cube:

Not really. Not freezing but not very hot !

1 Like

I was looking at places like the Orinoco Delta but that sort of rules out Central America I suppose.

I think the prior post means “not anywhere near but not the opposite side of the planet”. Hotter/colder game. It’s not describing the temperature at the location. So my take would be central America is still in.

2 Likes

Palmarin, Senegal
I’m pretty sure I’m right, so here’s the next one.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s it !

1 Like

Time for a hint I guess. I took this photo a few days ago. In the Sim vs. Real thread there‘s more.

1 Like

Ok, you solve the riddle by yourself :wink: ,its corsica with porto veccio at the left side.

Your turn.

1 Like

Yes, that’s it. The hint might have been a bit too obvious but there you go.
Your turn.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Ok, so once again a picture from my actual world tour.

Note: If you use BING for search you have to go down to 500m scale to get a good picture of this place.
Hint: The airport in the picture center is present in the sim but named after an city 120 miles away :wink:.

4 Likes

when the sun can neither set nor rise,
the solstice bell tolls gently and nice.
When night is all day and day is all night,
they digging for gold in this far away site

2 Likes

I would have bet on Yukon, or Alaska, but I have been through the gold mines there without success… I also have tried the very south of America…

1 Like

It is not alaska but not that far away.

Just follow the white rabbit, aaehm, the polar circle :wink:

Sounds like we’re headed to Siberia…

1 Like

Siberia is a good place to search. And Alaska is not far away.

Got it… this bl**** mine is not referenced in GM. I must have been over all the referenced ones a thousand times !!!
Not a chance with bing ; it just looks like nothing above 300m resolution.

It’s Rudnik Valunistyy, Russia. And the airport nearby is Anadyr UANY…

Strangely I have some texture defects you don’t have :

Summary

This one was reallyyyy difficult, but I indeed liked the poem as a clue !

3 Likes

Awesome, gratulation!

I suspect it would be tough but not that tough :wink:

The problem that there is almost no texture in the sim of this area beside this mine and it is funny that there is an airport in the sim. I am using the polar day to do the north-east passage (in the opposite direction) and while hopping along the airports I found this place.

Another funny fact is that this mine is almost perfectly aligned on the northern polar circle, it is only 1km south of the mine so that you can there experience the magic that the sun exactly on solstice only kiss the horizon but cant neither set nor rise.

Your turn!

2 Likes

Here we go ; just find the approximative location… let’s say within 300km radius.

2 Likes

293km from Reykjavik

2 Likes

No, you’re very cold…