Guimbal Cabri G2

Unfortunately there does actually seem to be a genuine bug with the new helicopters, beyond simply lack of familiarity/practice.

I’ve boiled things down to the simplest possible scenario: No sticks connected to my pc, clear weather, heli auto-started on a runway, blades already spinning, then using the mouse to slowly ease up collective to ~50%.
On my husbands computer, it slowly lifts off and is surprisingly stable. It’s quite easy to simply hover at a fixed height.
On my computer, with the same scenario, as soon as it leaves the ground it begins wildly rocking from left to right until it tips sideways and crashes. Again this is with no controllers except mouse and keyboard, and all the same sim settings.
I’ve tried repairing and completely reinstalling the sim to no avail.

4 Likes

Hm … have you checked if all options are the same between your systems too? Any different assistance options (perhaps some of the fixed wing settings affect helicopters and there are new helicopter assistance settings as well)? Modern flight model selected? Any rogue control settings interferring?

1 Like

I have no issue flying the helicopter but just starting it.
If I use auto start no problem taking off flying and landing.
The problem is switching the Gov and start switch.
They are meant to be at the end of the collective which I can’t see or access.
So at present, I use Ctrl + E to start it.
So the question is how and where do you access the start and or Gov.
I have tried binding both switches and no results.
Also no youtube videos show staring from cold, instead they use Ctrl + E

For the starter: “toggle starter 1”

For the gov: “Rotor Governor Switch On” and “Rotor Governor Switch Off”.
Here are two buttons needed.

1 Like

It seems to be very real for some people and there was a suggestion it might be tied to fps timer/interval. Can you compare FPS between your two pcs? Try to get them to about the same FPS and see if that changes the input control response.

Be really careful giving out this kind of advice. Some people might assume that flying helis is not worth the investment of time, based on your post - when in fact it’s a bug causing the issue.

1 Like

I have tried binding these but still no good
So far only AutoStart is the only way to turn the chopper
on

Thats weird. Those Buttons work for me. For the gov I found “Toggle Rotor Gov Switch” works and use only one button.

Just for clarification if You are in Cold and dark try:
Master On, Pump On, Mixture full rich, Magneto On, Plasma On, then hit the starter button and the engine should start. You should hear the engine but the Rotor isnt spinning (yet). Give some throttle should rise RPM to hear it better.

Is the engine starting?

The engine does not start

If there are no bugs how do I do this?

I’m not saying there are no bugs. But those who experience the bugs act as if EVERYONE has these problems and helicopters are a complete and utter failure by Asobo which is definitely not the case …

3 Likes

This is CTR 2 View. Maybe this is a way to find the starter…( the red X )

1 Like

True. I added the possibilty of bug affecting some people to my list.

Ok, I have got the binding to work thank you for your help.
The trick for me was Starter 1 and not just starter.
The chopper is fantastic but maybe a quick detailed video of the cold start would help.
No need to show binding just how they actually reach the Gov and Starter
Again thank you for your help.

Welcome. Good to hear it works now and flies. I have to to fly it in XP11 cause helis are still unflyable for me in MSFS. But VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 is extreme fun in VR

What I did first was to start the Chopper in a custom location where it was already flying, this allowed me to see the Chopper actually works.
Try this and then tell me at what point you do not see what you expect to happen.
More than happy to work through the issue with you.
You will love flying this chopper when you get it going

I only fly in VR it’s just insane

1 Like

Here is a great video of the real Guimbal Cabri G2 start-up procedure, almost exactly the same as the check list .

4 Likes

OK so what am I missing here? :slight_smile:

I’m using the standard controls on Thurstmaster HOTAS (which works fine with the Bell)…

Starting on runway, engine revs in the green. I raise the collective (throttle) and revs start to drop. As soon as I’m airborne, the revs gradually drop and the “Low” orange light comes on until I’m forced to land. When I’m down, the revs build back up again. Rinse and repeat.

Normal temperatures / pressures. Everything is in the greens. What am I doing wrong? :slight_smile:

EDITED TO ADD: this rev drop takes maybe 5 seconds, so I can’t even get 100ft in the air. I don’t mean I can do a flight and be forced to land. It’s up > down :rofl:

Might be that the governor isn’t enabled.

Thanks for the suggestion - you prompted me to have a good look around the cockpit and I found the reason!

It wasn’t the Governor (though I didn’t even see where you can change that state)… it was the Mixture. I didn’t notice I was at such high altitude in the random airport I stared on.

Mixture was 100%. Reduced it and no more Rev drop :slight_smile:

3 Likes