Gunpilot's Challenging Flights - Back To The '70s

Welcome to the 14th flight event in the Gunpilot’s Challenging Flights adventure series. This challenging flights event is located in Papua New Guinea, and is again guaranteed to give you more of the heart pounding and sweaty palms experience that you have come to expect from Gunpilot’s flight events.

This event presents a unique opportunity for all of us to fly the PNG highlands with a retired Qantas Captain who spent his early years in aviation in the '70s flying in Papua New Guinea. Captain Wozee will lead us along the planned route and will be only to happy to provide some commentary along the way and to answer all the questions you may wish to throw at him. I’m sure we will all be captivated by the insight he can provide and the stories that may be coaxed out of him re his time flying in this very inhospitable terrain. We will be landing at over a dozen strips selected by Wozee and scattered in amongst these strips will be some landing challenges inserted by yours truly (Gunpilot). While we have held two previous events in this region, this flight promises that extra drawcard of flying with someone who has “been there, done that”… Don’t miss this flight!

When: Sunday 28th Feb @ 2330 UTC

Where: PNG

Flight Duration: Approx 3hrs (depending on numbers attending)

Aircraft: Cessna Grand Caravan (as always as flight planned around Caravan performance)

Server: SOUTH EAST ASIA

Discord Server: ttps://discord.gg/rpsHtJXy74 (click on “#event-news”)

Voice Chat accessed by clicking on Comms Radio

Back to the 70s.pln (5.9 KB)

Feedback from last weeks flight:

@Gunpilot you should have been a doctor - I don’t know how you find these locations but you have full control of my breathing and heart rate. Now I know what a pinball ball feels like! Thanks for another fun one!

&

Nice flight! Thank you very much! Tricky as always *
Those holes! Holy
**, droped into one in VR! Scaryyyy*

4 Likes

Looks like a great flight - looking forward to it!