Guys wth good FPS since the 1.14.5.0 tell me your specs

No issues here…

i9-9900K at 4.8 Ghz
GTX 1660TI
64 GB RAM
Install on Samsung M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD

I get an FPS bug occasionally since the update, but mostly it’s fine with 35+ depending on where I am and depending on plane. In rural areas it’s super smooth with 40-45+.

8700k@4.9ghz
32gb RAM @ 3200
TUF Rtx 3080
Samsung NVME
Reverb G2 (WMR render scale of 80, in-game render scale of 90)

Mine is dropping almost everywhere I fly but mainly happens over major US cities and airports.

i5 8400 which I will be upgrading to an i7 10700k new mobo,ram etc…
3440x1440 monitor with an rtx2060super which seems to hold up well lowering some settings and heavy OC.
32gb 2666mhz
Overall I can easily get 50-55fps flying the CUB in the middle of nowhere.

Ryzen 5 2600
RX580
16GB

45-50, sometimes high 50s in most places, PG intensive location like NYC, never drops below 35.

But I’m on Global Low, with Medium Clouds and 80 render with low LOD settings on terrain.

Part of the problem are these areas with complete dropouts in FPS (well documented elsewhere). And I finally encountered one at KMLB, RWY9R approach.

Another part is the increased complexity of the scenery (i.e., London) in World Update 3.

Otherwise, a loss of FPS can also be attributed in part to when you’re flying, server you’re connected to (region), how much under load is the XBox Gaming and Azure servers serving up Bing Maps, Photogrammetry, Live Weather and Traffic and/or Multiplayer.

Add to that, your own ISP’s connection to the XBox Gaming Load Balancers.

In short, there’s a lot of factors material to performance. I don’t think at a gut level you’ll find anything to correlate to in a straw poll like this.

it was exactly their response to the community regarding 76T that has the folks here encouraged about a fix. If you ever watched the video updates from ASOBO and MS regarding the work in progress and status of the fixes and timelines for sim addons and improvements you would know they are relying somewhat on community feedback.
Yes they have their own schedules and agenda but all have clearly stated that the feedback is a big part of the process.
This forum was created largely if not exclusively for that purpose.

@willisxdc, that’s good news, because, bro… putting FS2020 on a spinner? In 2021?? You need, no, you must have an SDD, and you need it soonest. The money you save from not buying as much beer can pay for it, but go get it like… today!

A 1TB version is big enough for Winders, your data (in my case, I put my large (600+) movie collection elsewhere but your docs, pics, etc.), FS2020, and about 60GB of FS mods, and still be about half empty for about the price of 11 12-packs! (Or you could go for smaller, but I wouldn’t recommend it, unless you were putting just FS2020 on it, which will help, a LOT, but not nearly as much as having winders there, too).

:wink:

OK, the above was tongue-n-cheek, but seriously… go get one!! You’ll thank me!

‘winders’ is lol - someone else used ‘sammich’ yesterday - makes me feel right at home here

@willisxdc, one more thing, what tutorials are these? I know I’m using VR and not 2D, but I’d still like to have my 2D settings dialed in, and it might help with VR, too! Now, I don’t have a 3080, but my 2070 Super ain’t exactly a slouch, either. And I do have a 10600K, but you weren’t specific on which 10th gen your buddy had… (I’m also not running 4k, unless my VR headset counts).

It’s the CPU/GPU ratio that got my attention the most, though, that can make a significant difference no matter what you’re running!

Yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s a widespread problem. Whatever is wrong with 76T might just apply to a relatively small number of locations on the entire planet, and does not represent whatever SU3 did, and even that only seems to affect a relatively small number of users. But that is an assumption, albeit a reasonable one.

Been on my shopping list for a while.
I have a total of 16tb storage now and couldn’t live without it, so that’s a lot of beer to replace with NVMe’s. One day.

Didn’t say cause I couldn’t remember. :slight_smile:
I’ve got the 2060 super and I’m pretty happy with it too.

I’ll DM you my “tweak sheet” prob after the weekend.
Throwing the clubs into the Baron in the morning. Sneaking off to Vancouver Island for a golf weekend. Be nice to see grass again. :wink:

1 Like

Ryzen 3600
Nvidia 1660Ti
64GB@3000Mhz
installed on 4TB HDD Seagate ST4000DM004

You’re so right. But people don’t want to hear that it may be “their fault” in any way.

GTX 1080ti 11Gb AORUS EXTREME 1950MHz peak turbo

I have:
Ryzen 3900x @ 4.25
32gb Trident Z Neo 3600mhz
970 Evo 512GB that MSFS is installed on
GTX 1080 +169 core +512 mem

Thing is my FPS is fine, but I still get stutters even at 60fps that make it unplayable. Oddly enough it happened very recently. There were stutters before but they weren’t bad enough to really bother me, but a couple days ago I went to a 24" monitor and just figured that was making the stutters worse as I went from 1440x900 to 1920x1080, so I went back to my 19" and it didn’t change a thing.

There is definitely a big issue with the sim that doesn’t have anything to do with the graphics settings as there are terrible stutters even when dropping way down to medium (i’ve ran on ultra since release). Always main thread limited too, but nothing new there.

You don’t have to replace all 16TB, and it doesn’t have to be NVMe’s. Just get a single 1TB for about $110 for your OS and FS2020 stuff (and even better if you can go NVMe, though a bit more munee), and call it a day! I can actually help you get it setup if you’d like… But I will insist that you have a current backup done somewhere! Hopefully you’re already doing that.

I have a 5800x with a 3080RTX and game running on a NVMe, with 32gb rolling cache 32gb RAM. Over open country it is buttery smooth up to 70fps with all ultra @1440p. Now it is still smooth over NYC, at least frame rate wise it would be (>45fps) if it would not stutter to hell and back. So it is not really low fps if you catch my drift. The time stops and when the sim runs for a split second it is actually smooth only to lock up again. And I do not even need NYC for that to start. Any mid to largish town will do.

Avg: 28-32 bigger city, 30-40 smaller city, 40+ at cruise.
Intel i7-4770 3.4GHz
GTX 1650 Super OC
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 (16GB more on the way from Amazon)

Most graphics settings on Ultra, few on High – looks incredible.

I do get occasional stutters but it’s fluid enough to where it’s not too much of a problem. Turning off Windows 10 Gaming Mode actually made it smoother all-around.

i7 10700k, rtx3080, 32g
It’s been a balancing act of bugs and tweaks since release to get to where I am now. Good fps but in large cities, can get some stutters, and after latest update, ctd! That’s new.
If one believes these issues are totally on the users end, then you obviously have shares in MS and Asobo lol!

i7-7 1080ti 16g

I’ve had the problem since the last patch…
I got rid of the never recover from stutters by killing Windows Defender…
ran all day yesterday the same flight at different times of the day,

1st 20-25 avg 7:45 am
2nd 23-30 avg 9:45 am ish
3rd 35-42 avg 1:45 pm
4rth 18-22 avg 6:15 pm

Still had the issue of momentary stutters every 10 min or so.

This morning someone posted about a setting that Turning on Disable Full Screen Optimization
Tried it and the only thing it really changed was that fps dropped by 5

set that back to normal, went into flightsim.cfg and found the setting for widescreen was set to 1 changed it to 0.

Launch - fps is now showing 41 fps 7:45 am. Fly along and all is real smooth, I have network cpu monitor running on the other monitor. I notice that I would get a 7mbps sure which would be followed up but the ‘laggies’ for a min or two then things would settle back to 40 fps. After about the 4rth set of laggies it occured to me, I bet you its filling the cache (ie download data then lag out system while it loads it). I check and the cache is on, switch it off, go back to flight and everythings back to normal. I look at the net monitor and notice that now instead of having no net traffic with spurts of 7mbps and lag,
that the net traffic went to a pretty steay 2m bps and the last of the lag farts have disappeared.

Take this with a grain a salt…