Hand Tracking, it is a beginning

Those are my thoughts as well. VTOL VR shows it is possible to have full natural immersion and control using just VR controllers - and doing much more complicated stuff quickly than would be necessary in a civilian flight. Also using controllers instead of hands gives access to several buttons and thumbsticks for trim, menus etc… I went from a VR controller sceptic to an absolute convert by playing VTOL and I think MSFS should use all of its mechanics.

1 Like

edited: Okay, the page I saw with it mounted this way was for the 3Di which hasn’t been released.

the problem is that if it is as RomanDesign was saying, and has to be at 90° to work correctly, then it is unlikely to work at all if it’s on my headset.

Let’s face it - when you are looking at controls in your cockpit that you wish to manipulate, most of them are below the horizon, so you will be looking down. How would that be different to mounting it slightly angled downwards?

I didn’t have this issue with FlyInside - but that used a different way of operating the controls.

I’ll try mounting differently on the headset, then I’ll try it on the desk in front of me -= if those don’t work I will leave it and wait to see how the software develops. I won’t buy the 3Di unit - good as it seems - until I know it will be an improvement over the ML 010 other than in coverage.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.