Allow cockpit instruments and avionics to be powered on and operated in My Hangar view

I’d like to see aircraft in the hangar have available external power (or battery power). This would be a good place to review all the switches, locations to set frequencies and set views in a nice quiet place.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

1 Like

Hi there,

Recently, we installed an automatic topic bumper that bumps older topics so that they get visibility. For this:

Are you talking about the “My Hangar” view before you start a flight, or are you talking about when the aircraft is parked at the gate?

Hi,

I am talking about an aircraft in the hangar with active cockpit and exterior views. The hangar can be selected before or after a flight.

I like the idea of external power on the aircraft so instruments, switches, lighting, check lists, etc. can be reviewed.

It seems a bit of a waste not to have a functioning aircraft in the hangar.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify my remarks.

James Morgan

Hi James, sorry for the delay. Just to be clear, you’re looking to start and end your flight in the My Hangar view and be hooked up to external power in the hangar?
Or do you just want to be able to review everything in My Hangar, make changes, and have those settings persist when you begin the flight in the same aircraft?

Hi,

I just want to select an aircraft in the hangar with external power so I can review the instruments, switches, knobs, lights, FMC or nav device, etc. Just a means of reviewing things.

Thanks. - James Morgan

1 Like

Not a bad idea - a chance to sit in and operate the aircraft without even loading up a flight. Just an extension of the ‘showroom’ that is the My Hangar section. Unless overall persistence is added, I can’t see any of your cockpit settings carrying over to a flight, however.

One question - what should happen if the user wants to start the engine(s) or APU in case of an airliner? I guess those options have to be blocked. You wouldn’t be able to taxi outside the My Hangar scene if you’ve not loaded up at an airport properly.

A way to stop the hangar door repeatedly opening and closing and maybe changing the time of day would be welcome too. Hardly important, but a small quality of life feature for sure.

Hi Mustang242Sqn,
I’d like it to be simply a means of making better use of the Hangar views. It seems a waste to see the aircraft and see the cockpit, but no active instrument panels. It is a means of studying the aircraft in a quiet place - like a study hall. Engine and APU starts in the hangar are not good procedure. A tow out of the hangar would be nice, but maybe too much of a complication. Carry-over settings for flight are not intended - except for maybe cockpit views. An inactive hangar door is a good idea. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’d like to see an introductory lesson in the hangar to help transition to new aircraft or for new pilots.

An ultra request would be to have a smaller hangar for GA where you can fix and service parts that break or need replacing.

2 Likes

Hi HURCN30,

Your idea of a second, smaller GA hangar is a good idea and would be more realistic. I hope MSFS will add full aircraft accessibility in the hangar. Besides cockpit instruments, doors and other animations could be checked/reviewed.

Thank you for the response, and sorry for the delay! I modified your title so that there’s a little more detail in it. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me!

I like this idea, a good place to do your cockpit famils etc with ground power. I have spent a good period of time sitting on the ground with the engine running trying to get to grips with the G1000Nxi, to have had the ability to do that in the shed would be good I think. It would also avoid those myriad of logbook zero hours entries.