Has anyone actually seen a moving ship or ferry?

has anyone seen any maritime traffic on the Great lakes

Nope. I guess Asobo didnā€™t partner with the BoatSim people to stream in live boats.

Actually that is a good idea. Just like ADS-B data is collected by flightaware, AIS data is scooped by vesselfinder and marinetraffic. They could totally represent live traffic on the water.

1 Like

Everything is dead in the water. Have not seen any moving objects in water, yet.

3 Likes

I saw three ships come sailing inā€¦

2 Likes

I turned all boat traffic up to the max and see them more frequently now. Havenā€™t noted any frame rate hit.

Not one.

Trains are the one Iā€™d really like but they have not entered the sim in a happy state. All railways apart from a few 3D stations are nothing but grey smudges.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve seen some free mods that add ships to some of the more populated coasts

Not seen anything other than static ones.
I fly around Southampton UK and at least expected a bit of commercial and leisure traffic for flavour.
Doesnā€™t matter what the sliders are set to

Again, just like all the other ā€œliveā€ stuff in the game (snicker), they should add ā€œliveā€ boats as well.

1 Like

Sunset cruise Table Bay.

1 Like

Hate to be different, but when I flew over the Golden Gate bridge there was a cruise liner not obviously moving, but 2 speedboats bouncing along, leaving wakes.

Iā€™ve only seen a few docked ships, vastly outnumbered by all the sunken boats and ships everywhere (images on the water). Iā€™ve covered over 22K nautical miles at 2500 ft or less, so eerie to see all the waterways empty.

I saw several flying over the Florida Keys. Gotta turn up the setting for them.

1 Like

No wonder I havenā€™t seen any, got to wait a few more months if they only appear at Christmas.
And only 3?

1 Like

I have seen smaller boats move with even wake animation that they create. Have also seen a large oil tanker move near the Colombia River Gorge.

I see no ships, Sir.

Most of them are submarines ā€¦

submarine

1 Like

Just set my ferries and leisure craft to 100 and they have appeared in the Solent now.

1 Like

Saw a very large yacht underway off L.A. today :relaxed:

none up here