Has anyone had problems with CTDs at Southend?

Odd this. Normally I lead a charmed life, with a quite stable installation, but today got four consecutive CTDs when trying to leave the airfield. All in the TBM. This is something that might be down to my mainframe superhub, but I do wonder

I had the same issue over the weekend, when flying near Class B airspace in the California Bay Area. Reset Flight Sim - a task not for the faint of heart - then flew the exact same route in the same aircraft (B58 Baron) and had no further issues.

Fingers crossed that did the trick…

I should of course add that the EGMC I am referring to, is the Orbx one.

Did you try to replicate the event at the default EGMC version?
If there is no issues with the default, you should take this up on Orbx’s forum.
They will be better suited to give you some advice.

Hi Seven, hard to replicate this with the original as it was replaced. The question was placed here to ascertain whether others might have seen the same thing, in which case Orbx would be contacted.

It shouldn’t be too hard.
I haven’t heard of a scenery replacing anything.
You should be able to check the box in the content manager for that scenery and clicking delete will remove it and restore the original.
You can re-install the Orbyx one after the test.
Then you can answer your own question.

This is trying to work out where the problem is. Nothing more, nothing less. It might be with the scenery, it might not. Trying to eliminate some of the more obvious possibilities is very much a subject for this forum and one in which input of the MSFS forum is most valuable, I would have thought.

All good, no offence meant, just trying to help you find a solution!!!
Any time you have an add on, you should suspect and eliminate that as an issue first.

It is one of two possible culprits. The other is that the for the first time ever, I was trying to put together a flightplan into the TBM via the Mickey Mouse system on the World map. Usually, I do them on the hoof, but can replicate this when able.

Well, Just FYI, I gave it a try, I set up a plan in the default map planner, EGMC to EGCC, and tried.
I had no issues, but I only climbed out to 5000 ft before stopping.
Did you also know you can make a plan in simbrief and use it?

Thanks for trying, it is appreciated. I don’t think that this IS the culprit, but was only one of two new things that I was trying, hence the OP.

It is rare that I fly flightplans as I feel that they are not well implemented at present within the sim, but just wanted to try a few things out and this would have been my second suspect( I normally input directly from Flightplan database or similar and monitor via Little Navmap on a spare laptop)

As I said in OP, I normally have a good experience with stability, which is what made me price up my ears a bit. Thanks once again.

1 Like

All good my end mate? I have the payware Southend one and so does my pilots (we have a virtual airline at Southend).

Thanks Fuentree. When I next get out to play, I will head to Southend again and have another stab at it. Thanks all!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.