Has the Germany City Update received updates since release?

Was exploring Germany earlier and remembered there was that city update which I haven’t reinstalled since I did a clean install a while back, has it received any updates/changes/improvements?

Does MS plan to create additional future city updates or was that a one and done project?

Hello,
I don’t know if it has been updated, since I haven’t installed it, myself. (Has anyone else?)

There are more city updates planned for this year, but they have not been announced yet. See the top row:

1 Like

I hope Jörg does not again forget the main-city of germany :rofl:

Didn’t know that :astonished:

Thanks for the roadmap, looks like June! Any guesses/rumors on which city?

Unfortunately, they don’t tell us, and even if they did, I wouldn’t be allowed to say!

But if I had to guess, I would guess either London or one or more cities in Canada. My reasoning for those guesses is that people complained about these locations after their world updates, and the developers have publicly discussed fixes to them in the past.

But again, only guesses.

2 Likes

Good theories, I’m near Vancouver so that would be nice! London seems to have a lot of interesting scenery in the real world so that would be a great update too

1 Like

There was a PG update for the Köln/Düsseldorf region that may have included improvements for other cities … that’s if you call them improvements because e.g. Frankfurt was better before they introduced all the hand built stuff. Hopefully Nürnberg doesn’t get the same treatment (but I wouldn’t mind them removing the blocky trees and reducing the size of the AI ones).

Frankfurt? Würzburg? Mainz? All of them are pretty much Main cities… :wink:

What’s PG mean?

Photogrammetry

I think Jörg said in one of the Dev Streams that they were working on London. Don’t pin me down on that, though, since I only read it here in the forums. So it could be hearsay.

but not THE main-city :stuck_out_tongue:
( “capital city” is may be the more correct word )

Also, east germany is in meanwhile also part of germany, also if some of germans have different thinking, and we waiting for PG cities.

1 Like