Has the reduced draw distance for trees issue reappeared for anyone else?

I thought this was something they fixed, and that it was only an issue that occurred when flying above a certain latitude. I noticed today when flying in the UK the draw distance for trees was incredibly low, much worse than before. I have almost everything set to ultra, including trees and terrain caching, so not sure why this is happening. Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Yes, also with almost all ultra settings (all terrain/object/LOD settings maxed out).
I don’t have any screenshots or video unfortunately, but during one recent flight I saw the treeline loading in square chunks rather close to the airplane.

Might try it again later, at a high latitude, to see if the old latitude-dependent tree distance bug is back. Last flight was probably around Stockholm.

Sure has… I’m Ultra everything and it is bad.

Yep. Same here in UK - Trees to approx 4 NM with Ultra set and LOD 200.
Worst it’s ever been. Very disappointing because in all other respects the sim is amazing. This however, badly lets it down.

Draw distance in general is bad, even on ground, once you hit 1000 feet it is plain ground textures with nothing to be seen …it was not like this when the sim came out…

Yea its the xbox port we play now, the good old sim times are over

[BUG LOGGED] Tree draw distance reverted back to pre-SU5? - Bugs & Issues / Scenery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Ah thanks. Voted

1 Like

Hi @FibroidEye59,
As @TenPatrol pointed out above, there is a topic on this that has been logged in Bugs & Issues.

Closing this to prevent duplicate conversations on a logged report.

Thank you!