Have not seen a ship/boat for sometime with Seafront Simulations

I have Seafront Simulations Enhanced AI and Others installed but have not seen a ship/boat for sometime. Could it be because I am on the SU7 beta version?

Assuming it is SU7, does anyone know of a workround?

Make sure that you do this from the manual:

Set your leisure and shipping traffic to between 80-100% for best results (although
Global Shipping will start to activate at 60%).

I have Enhanved AI and Global Shipping and Leisure / Shipping traffic set to 100. I see lots of water activity, wakes, lights, etcā€¦

No issues with SU7.

Ok will see if that solves it. From memory it was set to around 70%.

1 Like

I think the manual said something about 60 was the minimum, so you should have seen some. To confirm ships are getting loaded, you can always use LittleNavMap to see if ships are spawning.

I donā€™t find any boats. I will check English Channel tomorrow. But I flew all around Spain today with 100% boats and ferries. Nada.

Have you updated?

They released an update a couple days ago (thereā€™s a post on the forums about it as well).

2 Likes

Even if he update, it wonā€™t resolve problem :wink:

Note that this will not resolve the traffic performance issues that have appeared post Sim Update 9

We can only wait :-/

i seen boat, but donā€™t sure it works ok now, but indeed i saw some there some here, as remember israel, japan, austarlia(east coast)

Interesting to read this. Iā€™ve been suspicious for a few days that something is up. With GAIST also.

Flying at Dubai and there are zero ships except some static ones that I think are part of the Orbx City Pack. Donā€™t see any ships randomly sailing like I used to.

Tried a few other locations and do see a bit but nowhere near the density of what I remember.

I have the Seafront GB South East and around Southampton / Isle of Wight it seemed more packed.

Hard to know what is coming from Seafront Global Traffic / AI or the actual Vessel region packs and what is from GAIST v2 though! Something seems off though for sure. :frowning:

There is always something to chase, check and fix in this sim lol.

For sure SU9 has borked their global shipping, itā€™s like someone has turned the dial from 100 down to 2.

1 Like

Thatā€™s odd. Hope the developers actually KNOW about it. And can then fix and update it without too much hassle and delay!

Hi @Baracus250 @FUFJJ - Are you able to share some more details about your platform, hardware and settings? I have seen the performance impact since SU9 but not a drop in numbers of ships loaded in. If you are on PC you can go to Developer mode and then in the top bar select Options->Sim Objects->BOAT->Names and it should show you how many boats are loaded in around you. At LXGB (Gibraltar) this should be around 100 or so if itā€™s loading them in correctly. For the performance issue I am waiting on the hotfix and a response from Asobo before I can confidently make any further changes.

2 Likes

Hello @SeafrontSims :slight_smile: I have PC. Windows 11 i9 10850 with RTX3090 and 32GB RAM. Its a HP Omen. I flew yesterday from A Coruna Spain to Nantes France. I saw 4 boats. I will try the dev mode tonight and let you know. I normally fly in VR with Reverb G2. I have render scaling 100% most other settings (Buildings clouds trees) High. Ambient occlusion off, Water waves medium. I have traffic (Boats and Ferries) at 100% for VR and PC. When I ā€œnotice a differenceā€ I flew from Majorca to Faro in Portugal and the sea was really bare of boats. I really notice the add in when going over the English Channel. I normally get a good performance with no stutter. Pre SU9 I had sea traffic set to around 60% and was seeing quite a lot of boats over the river Thames and the channel. As this test I increased to 100%. Thanks for the Dev mode tip I will try.

1 Like

Xbox X. I flew up from Calais to The Hague low and slow and saw maybe 5 boats? Before the boats were everywhere. I have the traffic set to 100% which worked on SU8.

Hi @RagingWombat839 - I have noticed that sometimes (historically) the traffic settings get ā€˜stuckā€™ and need you to enter a flight with zero traffic and then another with it set to your usual level (i.e. 100%). I tested on the Xbox Series X yesterday and saw the expected number. It might also need a reinstall of the Core Library and Global Shipping. With the servers being up and down thereā€™s a chance that you only received a portion of the ships in the pack.

I just flew round the Gibraltar strait and saw about 15 boats in total. I tried it with ship traffic at 0%, 10% still no traffic, 20% a few ships, 100% about 15 ships.

I deleted the global, library, and Anguilla add-ons. Now downloading library and global again to retest.

I note that you have version 1.7.0 of the library above but 1.6.2 is downloading from marketplace, so perhaps I just need to wait for marketplace to get the new version?

Reinstalled and restarted the sim, now I count 20 vessels in all directions as far as I can see, using maximum zoom. This from the middle of Gibraltar strait. Itā€™s a big area so this is quite sparse, Iā€™m sure it looked busier on SU8.

Hereā€™s what it looks like from 6000ft looking east over the strait.

A few ships at Ft Lauderdale:

1 Like

@SeafrontSims I was in Gibraltar. I follow your suggestion. I have 90 objects loaded.
I am in Nantes to Jersey. I have 6 objects. So I suppose itā€™s ok?
By the way, thank you for your responses and the great product. Much appreciated - John