Have the terrain/scenery visuals on Series X gotten worse over the months?

Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask a question because I don’t know if I’m just remembering wrong or if there’s something going on here.

I know the LOD issue plaguing consoles was fixed with the last update but I’ve noticed while flying the past few months/weeks that terrain just doesn’t look very good, especially distant terrain.

I’m specifically speaking for the Series X as that’s the console I’m using but I’d love to hear from those on series S.

MSFS was initially presented with graphics quality equivalent to PCs ultra settings according to digital foundry, does anyone who also plays on PC know if this is still the case?

Maybe I’m just remembering incorrectly and nothing changed, flying out of KFLL on a sunny day and the distant terrain just looks ugly, I never thought that previously when experiencing MSFS especially since that’s an area where the game shines.

What are others expirence? Is the graphical presentation I’m terms of terrain/scenery holding up for you as it always has?

Hello,
We ask that any questions where people are asking for help, advice, or any sort of “does anyone else see this” questions be asked in the green Community Support category. I have moved your post.

I think there was a drop in the detail after the last update. I used to run everything at 4k but now use 1440p.