Have they fixed the Bush Trips in SU 6?

I just filed a ticket for my Iceland bug.

I found complaining to zendesk is about as effective as me complaining to my US Senators. :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks for your interest. I tried uninstalling the content, but it did not fix the issue, unfortunately.

What would happen if you restart the bushtrip from the beginning? I know, thats not fun, but in some cases this might work.

Wow! That’s seriously harsh! My bush trip progress got deleted a couple of months ago, so I’m at the end of my second run on this trip, but at least I got the achievement the first time I completed it.

After you complete one leg DON’T continue but go back to the Main menu and then come back to complete and see what happens

For me, getting credit for MSFS achievements is not that important. If they could just let me continue from the airport where the their program failed, I would be happy. I care about the journey, not the achievement trophy.

2 Likes

I feel you. Almost as useful as typing into forum with no acknowledgement or feedback
 :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Unfortunately routing and navmap are still busted then.

1 Like

The difference is that when posted on the forum others who are frustrated with the same MSFS flaw will know that they are not alone. Plus, you throw the bug over the wall to zendesk and the complaint dies in the darkness. When you post in the forum potential new MSFS customers considering purchasing MSFS will see how many flaws it has before they plop down their money.

2 Likes

Some of them are broken still but the Sweden one worked for me when I came back to it. The others still seem broken.

1 Like

Absolutely correct.

I am trying to land up a mountain in the French Alps as part of the Mont Blanc trip
I crash, repeatedly!
However I have to go back an entire leg and refly that because it keeps restarting me in a forest.
Why can I not just restart at the landing field at the beginning of the leg I crashed on.
I get the ‘Continue’ option, but ‘Restart’ should mean restarting the leg, not restarting from the hell hole you find yourself in after you crash.

That must be another bush flight inconsistency. I started a bush flight a couple weeks ago that uses one of those tail draggers. I must have crashed 6-8 times trying to land that thing. (I need to learn how to fly them before I go back to that bush tour.) Each crash, however would allow me to try just landing again as it put me flying in the vicinity of the airport each time.

@WideTracking @HRHighness4588

You realize that the forum is populated by the user community and is not a direct line to Asobo/Microsoft, right? The developers visit the site and follow some of the threads, occasionally, but only the #bugs-and-issues that get pushed up, [Bug Logged], by the volunteer moderators officially get sent to the development team. Your ONLY direct line to the team is through Zendesk. Zendesk is simply a repository that produces daily reports for the developers to review. And they do read them every day.

You have something that needs their attention, ZENDESK it.

I am still having problems with bush trips sadly. Some legs don’t register as complete by showing a checkmark. The issue with the second digit not displaying on the PFD is also an issue (as shown in the original post of this thread).

2 Likes

willisxdc, Yes, that is what I would hope zendesk is. I suppose my zendesk cynicism comes from my first month of frustration, anger, wasted hours, and disappointment a year ago trying to initially load MSFS.

When the MS Store would not download the game, gave me a nonsensical error message, and failed to download a single bit or byte, I contacted and spent hours with a myriad of worthless MS and XBox support organizations who gave up and finally sent me to zendesk. I will spare you the details of the useless messages I got from them. Finally, I (almost accidentally) solved the problem myself. My mistake had been following verbatim the long list of diagnostic stuff MS recommended.

I felt like a little kid who waited months for Santa to deliver that one terrific toy and it was broken while still under the tree and nobody around to help fix or replace it.

I did send a couple bugs to them since and knew I was wasting my time.

Sorry for the rant.

Microsoft announced that on the 18th November they are going to release a new version of the sim, called GAME OF THE YEAR. Well, lets hope that they will fix the Bush Trips first before they release this new version.

1 Like

Pretty ballsy of them to name this GOTY.

What came in 2nd place? Cyberpunk 2077???

3 Likes

People get something for free - unscheduled and as a kind of “thank you” to the customers for winning an award - and all they can say is “let’s hope they’ll fix some feature as well with it” and “they didn’t deserve the award anyway”

If it weren’t so laughable, I’d cry 

10 Likes