Have you survived a bug related emergency and landed successfully?

lol perfect!!

1 Like

Same here, but my running out of fuel was caused by a “pause” in which fuel still continues to be burned. I think that might qualify as a bug. :wink:

It was fun landing the 737 without any engines though, at some random airfield that was about half way to my original destination.

3 Likes

It would be cool if they could add an ATC Option for Mayday or the other emergency calls, and if you were landing at an airport to see EMTs coming out :smiley: Talk about realism!! and Squak 7700 (I think that is the emergency transponder code)

1 Like

Here’s the Wishlist topic for it:

3 Likes

Thank you for that link, ill read that thread :D. it seems just about everything ever wanted in the sim has been already thought of and wished for :D. Maybe even Santa’s workshop at the North Pole?

Not quite, but there’s this :slightly_smiling_face::

1 Like

A little bumpy. I was in Northern Michigan near the Mackinac Bridge at around 4,000ft AGL, when I ran out of fuel.
Found a little bare spot of ground and set it down. I was just entering a stall when I touched down. Was in a C-208.
That was all my fault. I forgot to fill the tanks before I took off.

1 Like

Kind of like the umm I think they were called MUDS in Doom? where you could in essence put a pic of your boss in the game and shoot at him lol

Lol so an Operator created bug! :smiley: Programmers call bugs, “Undocumented Features”. yours was and Undocumented Flight Plan entry :smiley:

1 Like

Why would the aircraft still consume fuel on pause? That sure does sound like a bug.
Good skills gliding that big ol’ thing into another airport.

1 Like

Yes it was… :rofl:

I wonder if it consumes fuel on Active Pause, or pausing out of the flight like to change a joystick mapping, I could see the first doing it, but not the latter.

1 Like

If interested, here’s the Wishlist topic for remedying that:

1 Like

I got lucky that there was an airport close enough that I didn’t need to optimise my glide distance, but i have to admit, it was very nice to get it down.

Taxiing after landing was a bit of a challenge though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, at least the Fenix A320 provides a proper pause and the PMDG 737 probably does as well, but I just got shouted for dinner and pressed the ESC key.

1 Like

I’m going guess and say it’s probably on active pause only.
I’ve left the SIM on the Main Menu for a very long time and still had fuel when I returned.

1 Like

Not for a while. I did a few times in the first year of the sim. Now I have far less bugs, but when I do it’s usually a show stopper.

Back in the X-Plane days I did loose power at my house right after takeoff in the 172 and was able to turn around, land, and shut down the computer in just enough time.

1 Like

I once had a wasp come in through the pilot side air vent in a Caravan on takeoff. It spent the next 20 min buzzing around before it went to sleep on the glareshield. An hour later it woke up whilst on descent and started all over again. Needless to say, after shutdown, I’ve never jumped out of an aircraft faster. Quite literally the worst flight of my life.

Ohh, whoops, not what you meant by ‘bug’….:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I pressed Ctrl+Shift+E while flying the H135. Trying to land auto-rotation went badly :laughing:

1 Like

On multiple occasions, the Fenix A320 has tried to kill me on descent. I will be descending, getting ready to turn on to final, when all displays start lagging, and the plane violently rocks left and right (sometimes up and down). I managed to just turn off autopilot, and hand fly it down. It used to be very rare, but has now started happening on almost every flight.

I have stopped flying the A320 as a result, due to how unreliable it has become. Thankfully, PMDG just released an update last week and the plane performs better than ever (not only systems wise, but also frame rate wise too) for me!

1 Like