Haven't "upgraded" yet, can I stay with SU4?

I haven’t run FS for over a week. Given the issues and the fact that it appears any comprehensive fix may be quite a long ways out, wondering if I can keep my current settings in place until this thing is finally where it needs to be? I have no interest in flying online or using AI traffic / weather. Any way I can continue to fly offline in my current state?

No, probably not possible. When you start your older version, the sim detects this and redirects you to the store to update

1 Like

Lol…pls try and let me know if you succeed…perhap for next sim update…i shall hold off update the same way if i can still play the sim decently enough. Then check the forum to see if any major screwed up again…hmmm…sound like a gd idea.

1 Like

What if my internet connection is off when I start the game? Will it continue to load and function or cease until it can communicate with the Mother Ship?

1 Like

Try it out and let us know. I think not though.

1 Like

As already mentioned , Try it out and let us know :wink:

If you just had your license check this could work. But that has to happen fairly often, so no saying for how long

What you should is copy both FS app launch file & main file. Dump onto another drive. Then do search on how to re code MSFS exe launcher. If I had of known how bad SU5 was going to be. That’s what I would tried…

You can.

• First, read this: Xbox Support
  • If the above is ok just start MSFS while being offline. It will tell you that it’s offline, just press OK.
  • Once in the game you can set your internet online again and play online.

If you accidently start MSFS while being online and it tells you that you need to update, just press ALT-F4 or quit the sim with CTRL-ALT-DELETE and then end the task. Start again while offline.

Also handy for you maybe:

I’m currently running 1.17.3.0 again.

You can disable your internet connection before you start the sim, you will get an error message, but you can skip it and the sim will start in offline mode.
Maybe you could even enable online services once the sim is running.
I plan on doing this when the next big update is coming…

We should have all done this. It is madness that every update breaks things that were previously working. What sort of an update is that. And what sort of beta testing is being carried out?

Image that drive! It’s now worth thousands. lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.