Having difficulty downloading world update 6 on Xbox

I have the xbox series x and the standard version (going to assume this is the steam version because I have the disks) of msfs 2020. I have attempted to download the free world update 6. The page states owned. But when I click on download it begins a have a progress bar that makes it part way and then drops back and climbs up again and drops back while I see the words downloading, decompressing and waiting. When its all said and done I get a notification that it failed. This also happens with world update 2 and the ship program. The recent msfs update loaded ok. Its only the free downloads in the catalog I seem to have trouble with…must be part of the inconvenience package. Anyone else have this issue.

I am having the exact same issue with world update 2 and 6. I’m running on an Xbox series s. I wish there was a resolution but I haven’t found one as of today…

Hi,

I had the same issue with three world updates but with SU6 the downloads went fine. Try these:

• delete partial installed World Updates
  • restart the xbox (Settings-Power Mode&Startup-Restart)
  • If these went fail, log yourself out of the Flight sim and log in again

Good Luck!
Heisenberg

Thread resurrection time - I have been having terrible trouble updating my Xbox X with the world updates after I got MSFS this Christmas. Was easy enough enough to update the bush challenges etc but as soon as I tried to do anything over 150mb it would either fail, or take ages and just restart again ad infinitum. To say I was tearing my hair out was an understatement and as I am sharing the Xbox with my son and can’t seem to download the updates with the game ‘live’, it was getting rather frustrating. I tried the advice above of deleting the rolling cache and also reduced the bandwidth from unlimited to 20mb (I average around 10-15mb) and sofar it seems to be working again. I have downloaded everything upto a GB in size, which is a massive improvement and as soon as my son is off again I’ll try the larger updates. Thanspks for your help!

That didn’t work for me but I played around with some setting in that menu (options > general > data > settings for running cache, which I hope I translated correctly since my menu is Dutch) and either deleting the File with running cache or changing the limit from 8 to 8.4 did it for me (I have literally no idea what this second does, I initially changed it to 20 after which it changed itself to 8.4 which seemed to work :D).

Hope this helps anyone. No idea what I did but I couldn’t have done it without your reply so thanks.

1 Like