Having some sort of memory error when launching game

, ,

Took a couple weeks off of playing and tried to relaunch the other day and now I’m receiving this error which doesn’t allow the game to launch. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hello everybody, I have the same problem.
No body can help us.
This message appear when I close FS2020.

Best regards
Capture.PNG

you never wrote in forum about :joy: :joy:

Just give some hints about your system specs and system settings like windows virtual memory , etc… may be relavant can also be the games cache settings.

Beside of these reported the OP an issue “while launching the game” and you see the message “when I close FS2020”… sounds a litty tiny bit different :wink:

@JetEcoflyer41 I’ve just fixed my issue after an extensive customer support call with digital storm after my post here yielded no response. It was pretty much chalked up to corrupted core Microsoft files. We did a fresh install of windows and I can now launch the game without any problem or error.
I was also getting the same error on multiple other games and apps when I closed them. They initially agreed it’s an issue with ram (given the error code) so I bought all new ram sticks (was upgrading to 32gb anyways) and that yielded no results so we tried resetting all the bios settings and took off my overclocking settings with no resolve. Finally did a fresh clean windows install and everything works perfect.
Just a heads up make sure you back up and save your important files before you attempt this because they will all be gone. (On the install, I only wiped my C: drive which was my OS drive so I was able to transfer all my photos and important files to my D: and E: drives and save them. If you plan to wipe every drive make sure you back up your important files to an external drive or some other cloud service)

2 Likes

Windows helped you buy new hardware. Tip top

thanks for reporting back ( you can also choose your post as ‘solution’ )

For @JetEcoflyer41 : in case it’s assumed a windows issue, you can try the usually checks like “sfc /scannow” and “dism ***”. In same cases, in special while shutdown, its windows virtual memory related.
and yes… sometime defect memory can be also possible, but before buy new ones I would try all other options ( that not happens what @GentlestCurve98 mention :wink: )