Hawk drivers. Coming soon, "Alpine Magic"

Visibility was not good at Valley for our tech stop

1 Like

So sorry to miss it,but a few issues here are making things a tad challenging.

Possible date for the next Alpine magic of Fri 22nd Sept (19:00ish) if people could let me know availability. Currently I’m free, but that is subject to change, I’ll shout if it does.

1 Like

Works for me

1 Like

Alpine Magic on Friday (22nd Sept 2023), starting at LOWI 19:00 to be airborne at 19:15, should be finished around 21:30

1 Like

Provioional date for the next session Friday 27th Oct @ 1900 BST. More details closer to the time.

1 Like

In the diary

1 Like

Alpine Magic confirmed for Friday 27th Oct, starting at Salzburg (LOWS) at 19:00 BST. The first half will take in some wider valleys with a number of touch and go’s enroute, before heading into the mountains around Sion for a tight and twisty second half. Expected finish ~21:30. UK317 JOINFS Hub and UK317/WAA Teamspeam for comms. Our typical cruise is 360-420kts, all welcome, any fast jet should do.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this. It’s a friendly group so give it a try.

1 Like

Is this open to Xbox too ? I’m thinking of picking up the Hawk soo n

Think you have to be on PC as use JoinFS to share planes position and teamspeak/discord for cons but @Hails013 or @Magic6420 might know work around

Join FS is PC only, but we could try using msfs multiplayer again hopefully they’ve improved it over the last couple of years

1 Like

Details to follow, but next event Fri 24/11/2023 19:30GMT (UTC+0)

1 Like

Tomorrow’s event
Starting at Sion (LSGS) at 19:30GMT for a couple of hours of low level flying through the Alps. Comms on the UK317/WAA Teamspeak

1 Like

Next session is Friday 15th December.

1 Like

Details for Friday:
TLDR - Start at LFMN 19:30GMT(UTC)

The final Alpine Magic of 2023 (don’t worry, we’ll be back in the new year). The plan for the first half of the session is a low level transit departing Nice (LFMN) at 19:30 winding through the French and Italian Alps to Aosta (LIMW) with a touch and go on the way at Turin (LIMF). SkyVector link in the alpine-chat channel on Discord.

The second half of the session will be planned on a tactical basis (make it up as we go along) featuring more dynimic flying at low level in the narrow valleys of southern Switzerland. The aim will be to give Santa a run for his money in the number of chimneys damaged en-route. All pilots are to ensure red filters are fitted to their landing lights so we can pass on the blame. See you on Friday!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it

See you tonight

Was another good session.

2 Likes

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and wish you all the best as we go into the new year, speaking of which…

Alpine Magic returns in 2024 on Friday 19th Jan at 19:30 GMT/UTC, details on the UK317 Discord.

2 Likes