Haze Isn't Working

Just departed out of a Norcal airport reporting 2 SM visibility and haze with clear skies. The airport is IFR. In the sim, everything was clear, and visibility was 10+ SM. Looks like visibility isn’t properly modeled right now and needs adjusting.

ALSO with that but unrelated - winds at ground level never seem to exceed 4-5 kts, and then as soon as you’re in the air they’re what the METAR actually reports. Odd behavior.

Ability to change Meteorological Visibility / RVR - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
Please upvote here. Same issue

1 Like

Are we really talking about haze and not fog / mist? To be clear haze is caused by solid particles in the air and not water droplets… 2 SM in haze must be in the middle of a forest fire… I’m afraid there already are multiple topics about this issue and spreading the votes is not gonna be productive. The one with most votes is posted above. Please close this thread.

1 Like

Why did you all reopen the thread? It’s been dead for 7 months. It’s in the archives… There was no intention to spread votes.

And to be clear, this was during the California wildfires, and there was quite literally so much smoke in the air that visibility was reduced to 2 SM per the METAR. Note how I said “reporting 2 SM visibility and haze.”

Ok explains it, thats why I’m saying it sounds improbable to have 2 sm in haze unless in a forest fire, weird by the way that the METAR says Haze and not Smoke. Also the color is completely wrong in case of smoke / dust / haze. But yes the problem with the aerosol density is that it doesn’t go below +/- 3 km.

1 Like

So the MSFS 2020 actually show the haze??? Flying in and around OIII, the haze in real life is reducing the visibility to 2km, but MSFS shows a clear visibility even though the real weather is working and the ATIS says visibility 2km! I wished they would be able to simulate the haze!

1 Like