HDR mode broken since last hotfix? - repost from Misc

Since the last hotfix (1.15.8.0) I noticed HDR mode was no longer displaying correctly.

The colours seemed duller and less vibrant. This was confirmed when I pressed to open the ATC window and momentarily the HDR effect was restored before reverting to the duller colours. The same momentary ‘blip’ occurred upon closing the ATC window.

I have subsequently noted that the HDR mode is restored when I open any window over MSFS, such as a browser window.

I have confirmed my Windows and monitor settings are correctly set to display HDR and the HDR10 mode is set in the Display options.

I have emptied my Community folder of all addons and the effect is the same.

I have no good idea what may be causing this except for a bug introduced in the latest hotfix?

Any ideas?Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.`

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

HDR broke some time after World Update 3. Before everything was fine but when I start the sim now it has extreme colors. I have to enter general settings, enable HDR, then disable again to get normal colors back. Yes, I do have HDR enabled on Windows but I prefer to keep it disabled in the sim since the screen always goes black whenever I change volume (due to it beeing a windows overlay). I should probably file this bug. It would only be the fourth today, sigh …