Heading Increment Bug (10 degree instead of 1) Explained

Yep, another disappointment from Asobo, surprise surprise. The fix for the logbook popping up and completely breaking the immersion should have been done by now too.

3 Likes

I also thought the fix is in this update. After this update my Honeycomb Alpha Joke still need the workaround with Joystick Gremlin. Thought that would be solved after the last Q&A where they laughed about this problem…

3 Likes

Come on guys! :wink:

They never promised that it would be fixed in World Update 3. It was clearly stated that the fix would be part of the next Sim Update, not World Update.

And Martial only laughed in relief because he finally had a concrete answer for a bug question. Before that he had had a series of questions for which he was unable to provide a definitive answer and was visible uncomfortable about it.

If this bug qualifies for a patch together with yesterday’s World Update, so does hundreds of others. Before we knew it, we would have a Sim Update. The whole idea of building a larger quarterly release is to allow QA to test on a frozen version for some time to minimize the risk of unwanted side effects. The fix may involve much more changed program code than is obvious to us outsiders.

This bug is a relatively minor annoyance for a subset of users, not a show stopper, so relax and focus on something positive. The solution is coming, and before you know it, life will be beautiful again. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I don’t buy that for a second. They said its fixed so it should be released. Also it is not a small issue at all as it renders the ap controls pretty much useless.

3 Likes

Completely agree with you. World Update 3 is not Sim Update 3. It is clearly stated by Asobo. So for my I was aware that this bug was not being solved with the update of this week.

It is a nasty bug, I don’t like it, but a change is coming…

“Fixed” coming from Martial does not mean that it’s ready for release. It just means that a programmer has reported that he fixed it.

In the early days after launch, when there were much more severe problems than now, MS/Asobo released a series of hot-fixes, causing just as much frustration as relief because the fixes didn’t always work or caused new problems to arise. This happened because testers were not given enough time and were testing on a moving target.

They have learned their lesson and now stick to the plan of releasing bug fixes and new features in quarterly Sim Updates. I think that is wise, and only much more serious problems than this one should warrant an unscheduled hot-fix.

Can confirm this is fixed now :slight_smile:

EDIT: My bad, it’s not…

LOL :sweat_smile:

Assuming that you’re right, then what are we quarreling over? :roll_eyes:
Wait, I know now. It’s an unforgivable catastrophe that this was not mentioned it the update notes.

It’s going to be pushed out in sim update 3, I don’t why people are getting confused about this. They were pretty clear about it on the Q&A.

1 Like

Not sure why you said this scorpian007, I can confirm that it is not fixed. I just went in the game and checked.

Whether it is realy fixed or just written … I will see it after my still to be downloaded 20 GB

It is just written… not fixed

Have you patched your game? The devs themselves mentioned it’s fixed, although can’t see it in the patch notes. I’ve only tried in the 747 last night, but it was definitely solved. Will try out some other aircraft today and report back.

It’s not fixed for me neither

Definitely not solved. I have patched my game. When the devs said “it’s fixed” they meant in one of their rollout packages (which has now been identified as Sim Update 3, which is not yet released). I have tried it in 3 separate aircraft.

3 Likes

You’re right. This was my mistake. Sorry guys

I found out why it was working for me, if I have the ENG selectors to on my AIrbus Quadrant when I start the sim, I get the bug. When they’re set to off when entering the sim, I get increments of 1 even if i switch them to on later on.

3 Likes

No worries, thank you for checking further.

1 Like

Yeah and not just AP and LOC CRS adjustments but standard VOR navigation as well. When you need to tune a radial of say 325 but can only get 320 or 330 that can make things really difficult trying to navigate.

2 Likes

Yeah, March 4th release for Sim Update 3. Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing the end of this very frustrating bug!

1 Like

That thing mentioned in your screenshot is not the fix for the heading increment bug. it’s not even aircraft related its a control issue caused by constantly on switches.

I understood it as Sim Update 3, not World Update 3.