Heading Increment Bug (10 degree instead of 1) Explained

If you get the gns530 mod, the Navigraph mod to fill in all the missing airports, approaches etc, and use fsuipc to get around the input bug, it is pretty good IMO, but it’s silly that you need to use so much 3rd party software to get around these bugs that should have been fixed in the alpha…

1 Like

That this is still an issue is outrageous. It makes operating these kinds of instruments a farce. In real life you wouldn’t even be allowed to take off the ground unless your instruments be fixed.

1 Like

That’s it for me. We’ve been reporting this for so long and it is not a problem in other sims. I don’t want to mess with a lot of (or even one) third-party solutions as they must have someone who can fix this.

3 Likes

The heading bug will be fixed I believe. They acknowledged it and started working on it. It is just taking longer than anyone wants.

Sounds like switching to X-Plane is my best option. I don’t think Asobo will ever fix these issues.

1 Like

I sure hope so, but the Dev posts keep referencing the mouse click increments. I am worried that they will just fix the issue where mouse clicks will correctly increment the heading bug by 1 degree and that our other keybinds/hardware will still be broken. I wish I was more hopeful, but I just don’t think Asobo will fix these problems. I don’t like being this pessimistic too.

So sad. the FS dev team treat us like dirt.

if a couple of random gamers can fix the issues in a few hours, why can Microsoft not? this is ridiculous

the game is broken, still, and it’s a shame because it is SO much better looking than anything else. if you do basic VFR you will not care because it’s all there. but for even basic IFR so much is wrong, missing, broken, that it’s useless

for example, if you want vectors to final in the G1000…too bad. this is a basic feature! if you want to create a flight plan with a departure procedure it won’t always let you pick your transition. you can’t interact with the flightplan in the ways you need to in order to set up correctly. it’s really bad

Who exactly was able to fix this issue and how?

Yes, it is difficult to stay encouraged. I’m still optimistic but it is slowly wearing me down as well. I have worked around the issue using vJoy and Joystick Gremlin, but it is something not everyone wants (or should have to) do.
Let’s hope this is resolved in the next patch.

1 Like

I believe they mean people who have got around it using third party software such as vjoy and joystick gremlin, fsuipc, etc.

It shows that there is a simple way to avoid this issue which could be built right into the sim but for whatever reason it still hasn’t been done

Avoid, yes. But that’s not fixing it. From the very simple description of what causes this bug it seems to me that this is spread all over the user interface. It’s not as simple as commenting one line.

1 Like

It is fixable using FSUIPC7. It really is. And yes, it will take a little bit, but I’m close to being able to put together a good tutorial. One of the challenges is finding a straightforward, step by step guide. I found a really good one, but it’s missing a few steps (one or 2). But with a good guide you should be able to get a profile together which keeps the axes (aileron, elevator, rudder) with MSFS and have FSUIPC control the buttonology, and the 10-degree bug is gone. Actually getting rid of the bug (and it IS fixed) wasn’t really that hard. It’s more getting the axes migrated over that I’ve had challenges with. But that’s another story…

Do I understand the frustration? Yes I do. Completely. But I’d rather just fix it and move on to happier flight simming days, irrespective of the outlay of money (less of an issue for me) and time (a bigger issue for me).

Like i said, you’re not fixing the bug, you’re avoiding it. Fixing it would mean changing the underlying sim code.

2 Likes

I have spent all afternoon working on this for my Alpha and Bravo. I first tried the vJoy/Gremlin route and after multiple tries editing the Gremlin profile and then figuring out what button is which, then assigning them in MSFS, I had mixed results. Some things worked while others did not.
Now I have tried to move on to using MSUIPC7 instead. I have the latest version whicg supposedly doesn’t need any .lua files to see 128 buttons. My problem is that I can see nowhere in the program to go to assign the buttons. All I have in the Menu bar of MSUIPC& is File | MSFS | Options | Log | Add-Ons. I have spent the last 1+ hours trying to find the answer but my 69 year old brain is about fried

The vJoy/gremlin fix works perfectly; I’ve been using it for months with out any problems.
I suspect your issues are conflicts with your mappings or gremlin profile

Hi all
I have just been advised that my honeycomb brave throttle will arrive tonight (I have had the yolk for over a year) I understand what the heading bug is and worked around it with the yolk by unmaking the starter switch.
What functions will I have with the throttle?
Will all 6 axis work?
Will the gear leaver work?
Will the trim work?
Will the autopilot work?

I understand that I could use some software like FSUIPC or the Joy/gremlin stuff, however I would rather hold on until Microsoft fix the issue as it sounds complicated using the 3rd party stuff. I also understand that the Microsoft fix is close at hand.
Thanks in advance if you can help.
Best wishes
Bob

I have no doubt about it being a Profile problem. In this thread there is a Profile posted for BOTH the Alpha and Bravo, but it also has an X52 and Fanatec pedals, which I do not have. But I do have the Saitek pedals. So I made and saved a Profile with my setup and then copied in the Honeycomb stuff from the downloaded Profile. That did seem to work as I could see the assigned buttons that were linked in Gremlin. I then noted what button # that was pointed to by the macro and used that to assign the controls in the vJoy page in MSFS. When doing this some functions worked and others did not. What was strange is that some times the Macro #'s were reversed on the switches and then they would switch back. Worse was even though all the buttons were no longer assigned on the Alpha and Bravo, the 10/1000 issue was still present.
I am very close to just boxing the Honeycomb stuff up and putting it on Ebay and deleting MSFS.

No, it is fixed. You are removing the active on state of the buttons. It is fixed. Say whatever else you want, this fixes the bug. End of story.

You have Alpha, Bravo and Saitek? What profile are you looking for, single engine, single engine complex (retractable gear), multi engine? Don’t bag it all up, I’ll send you my profiles. We’re all in this together.