Heading Increment Bug (10 degree instead of 1) Explained

What does it means when assignments are highlighted in white ?

Means they are constantly in use everything else is a toggle but light switches and the magneto switch keep sending a constant signal, which is why they show as white as if they are being pressed. I just unassigned the off position on the yoke and use the in plane switch.

2 Likes

Interesting , I can see my the cockpit switches doing some kind of on/off/on sequence Verti quickly. And that didn’t happen Before last update…
Thank you! Will try to figure sthg

Tata worked thank you
Only thing now is that multipanel is not working on airbus not default nor FBW
Even though it works on the 747…

This video has been linked in some of the other related threads but wanted to make sure its linked here as well. It does a very good job of explaining the issue in detail.

4 Likes

Care to share the details? Did you use FSUIPC to re-map all the on/off switches to send momentary keyboard commands instead of a continuous joystick button press? If so, I’m having trouble making FSUIPC to recognize all of my Honeycomb Alpha buttons, as the yoke has more than 32 buttons while DirectInput only supports 32.

Per this FSUIPC thread you need to tell it to load a LUA script so that it can recognize more than 32 buttons.

On the C172 and C152, sometimes the adjustment of the VOR is not possible precisely.
They move 10 to 10 degrees, impossible to be more precise.
The same goes for the heading indicator.
It appears on the runway ready to take off or in COLD & DARK.
But randomly.
Have you ever had this problem?

When i try to move the heading bug clockwise, using the shortcut key ‘CTRL-INS’ the bug begin to spin around the dial very rapidely. you can’t stop it and the keyboard commands stop working. so you can’t hit escape to get out of the situation. The only way out is to alt-tab to switch to another app. and stopping the simulator from outside. it occured to me in two different airplane, The Jabiru J170 and the cessna172 (G1000).

Did someone else had problem with that issue, if so let me know. I like to set up the autopilot to follow a certain heading and when i need to change heading i just press CTRL-INS instead of using the panel button. very nice when you are in an outside view.

It’s difficult to believe that this problem has been around for so long and still is not being recognized by Asobo as serious. Flying on autopilot is so unsatisfying with the difficulty of dialing in precise heading and altitudes. I am not flying as much as I want to because it is not much fun with this problem.

3 Likes

Are you using a joystick, yoke or controller? If so, does it have switches that toggle on/off or that rotate between switch positions?

Let us know what controller you use and how it is mapped but, on the surface, it sounds like the very bug we are all complaining about here :wink:

You did not say if you are using a controller as well as keyboard. If so, does the problem go away if you unplug the controller ?

When the heading bug spins is it spinning smoothly or in 10 degree jumps?

It sounds like you may have another issue but try the above and at least you will know if this is the “10 degree” bug or another bug. Keep smiling :wink:

Yep, I have the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke. I don’t want to have to buy and program FSUIPC, I just want the simulator to work correctly.

1 Like

Nice Yoke indeed but it is not 100% compatable with MSFS despite being a “partner” product.

The toggle switches (Master, Batt, Alternators, all lights and Magnetos) provide an ‘always on’ signal to MSFS and this causes the heading bug and other problem such as twitchy trim.

The buttons ON THE HANDLE should be okay… just unmap the swicthes on the body of the yoke itself.

You can either unmap all the toggle switches in MSFS or unmap each switch one at a time (start with Magnetos). I would suggest you unmap all of the toggles, some people seem to get away unmapping the Mags only but not in my case (I’m also using a Alpha) I have to unmap them all.

You do not need FSUIPC if you are willing to give up the hardware swicthes and wait until Asobo/MS fixes the underlying problem.

Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I unmapped all the switches on my alpha in MSFS but still have interference BUT I have other devices that might be causing the same issue. I think what is needed is a filter as all of my peripherals worked on fsx.IMHO.

Thanks for the advice. I am well aware of the Honeycomb Alpha-specific issue, but being a recalcitrant old coot I have just been reluctant to give up so many switches but it looks like I will have to at least in the short term. I am sure the Bravo throttle will add many more of these toggle switches and I don’t think disabling all of them is a very satisfying solution.
I just don’t understand with Honeycomb being an MSFS “partner” why they don’t fix it. They must be aware of the problem which affects more than just the Honeycomb user base.

1 Like

ANY ‘always on’ input will cause the issue - it’s not just a Honeycomb problem.

I have a saitek throttle. It works but I do have to be careful not to have any levers below the detent (the lever pushes a switch = always on). I usually use the C172, so I tend to put the prop lever fully down (out of the way), this causes the bug. Putting the lever above the detent (wait a few secs) and the bug goes away. can’t do that with the Honey Alpha toggles though ;(

Maybe try switching all to OFF on your extra periphs and crodd fingers :wink:

1 Like

I know, it is mad and maddening! I find it quite contemptuous when told by tech support the “solution” is to disable functionality of a recommended peripheral but it is all we have at the moment.

Just to be clear, this is NOT specifically a Honeycomb Alpha problem. I think it is important, in these threads, not to blame Honeycomb and possible misrepresent the issue to the Developers who might, at best, scan these forums. Whent he bug first ‘emerged’ it was thought to be Honeycomb specific but …

Any hardware that has ‘always on’ switches cause the same bug :wink: It’s a core MSFS problem and firmly Asobo/MS’s responsibility :wink:

We just need to make a lot of noise and let Asobo know this is a live issue for many.

My Bravo is still “Arriving shortly”. I know the drivers are out now - I just hope they address this issue (at least for Honeycomb devices).

Have you submitted a Zendesk Ticket - the more they get the better I guess!

2 Likes

Absolutely this problem is on Asobo, not Honeycomb. I reported this to Zendesk a while back and I will report it again. I know there must be a lot of reports on this but still, it is not on their to-do list as far as I can tell :confused:.

1 Like

For my case I have found.
I have a gas switch that I was using to move the landing gear in and out.
It was this control, which normally intended for gas, that was the problem.