Heading Increment Bug (10 degree instead of 1) Explained

Hi there,

I understand that completely. I was also very unhappy about this. I then setup VJoy and Joystick Gremlin. It‘s a bit work but then works as it should. You could save a lot of time by copying the „Press-Pause-Release“-Macro-Section in the xml file directly from 1 button to all others.

Finally I figured out that also 1 knob on my CH Yoke produces this issue. I removed this assignment as well and then the issue was fixed. Now also trimming the aircraft for level flight is much easier.

1 Like

IT’S FIXED. They mentioned it in the actual Dev Q&A.
Seems it comes with the next update… :slight_smile:

1h19m20s

5 Likes

Do you know at what time they mention it? I have been listening after 1h15 and I am not seeing it.

Edit: It’s at 1h19m20s

Fantastic news! These guys at Asbo & Micorsoft are great! So open in their communication with these Q&As and really listening to the community. This sim will be awesome

Sorry, didn’t catch the exact time. :slight_smile: Just wanted you don’t have to hear the whole Q&A. :smiley:

Awesome! Thanks Asobo and Microsoft!!

Patience and Persistence does pay off.

For me it was mostly just wanting to know that Asobo was aware of this issue and whether they had it on their list to be resolved at some point. I know many of us have submitted Zendesk tickets and posted about it here but we don’t always receive feedback to confirm awareness of the issue.

Shortly after the 1h20m mark they discussed updates to their communication process involving community bug reporting through the forums. Specifically just because a certain issue hasn’t garnered a large volume of up-votes and posts doesn’t mean that it isn’t documented and communicated. The Community managers are going through all the Dev Q&A question submissions and that gets forwarded to Asobo. From there its a matter of prioritization as to when they will resolve issues that can be fixed.

1 Like

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Does this mean that with the Bravo for example, if I rotate the knob slowly it will increment the altitude by 100 and if I spin it quick it will increment by a 1000?

That’s what we are hoping yes. No technical details were given, only that the bug is solved via the coming update somewhere next week.

Fingers and toes crossed then.

fingers crossed indeed.

SO… after all the ‘experts’ commenting on this thread it turns out it was in Asobos’ pervue to fix the problem all along. Well well well.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. I never doubted that they would get to it eventually. I could wait, but not forever, so I wasn’t sure if I had to get myself a Gremlin, or whatever it was…:scream:

Today I got an update from the hardware pusher that my Bravo is likely to be shipped in week 8, so life is beautiful. :sunglasses:

Good to know that this is going to be fixed!
In the meanwhile, if anybody here uses spad.next I have published a profile for the autopilot panel for the A32NX, increments by 1 in airspeed, heading and course, by 100 in VS and 1000 in altitude (can be changed). It is for the FBW A320 and the autopilot panel only but it can give hints to make customs profiles for other aircrafts.
I have also made changes in the json file for the Honeycomb AFC_Bridge to make the AP lights work properly according to my profile.
Hope it helps someone :slightly_smiling_face:

I spoke with Martial after the Dev Q&A to specify exactly what update this will be fixed: Sim Update 3. I believe he said “next update” in the Q&A and meant to say “next sim update.”

4 Likes

Well that sucks! Why do we have to wait a month or more using 3rd party hacks for something that is “totally fixed.” Can they not push a hot fix or add it to the World Update?

1 Like

Thanks Jayne for the clarification! Looking forward to it

Makes sense to me that this fix would be part of a Sim Update

Omg how can people be so ungrateful. It is going to be fixed in the next update…

It’s not about being ungrateful, I’m very grateful that my 250 piece of hardware that I waited 6 months for will eventually work properly. I just don’t get why they have to sit on the fix for a month…

3 Likes