Headwind A330-900 Still Have to Install/Delete/Install Each Time to Get Throttles To Function

If I don’t do as stated then the throttles are backwards still. Have tried Setting to no avail. I have to do the delete install thing before each flight. Anyone else still bothered by this? Any fixes? I have the latest version, I might try installing an earlier version.

A bit more info might help!
What aircraft?

Oh darn! How could I forget that. A thousand pardons! Headwind A330-900.

1 Like

I’ve never noticed that myself, I only tried it the once though.
If you have the FBWA320, have you tired taking it out of the community folder?
You could also set up a profile for your throttle for just that airplane, and there is a tick box in the Control Options that will reverse the throttle operation.
That way you would just have to select that profile when you start the sim.

Yessir I tried all that–more than once. The only thing that seems to work is the move out of the Community folder, fly the sim, then prior to the next flight move the a/c back into the Community folder. I tried the whole profile thing and ticking the reverse box. No joy. Appreciate your suggestions tho.

1 Like

Have you checked your Control profiles? Maybe you have the wrong profile active?

Yes, I have this too! I thought it was something to do with having a ‘key’ or ‘button’ bound to a thrust reverser somewhere? My Throttles only advance to the idle position. If I manually push them forward, they jump to the full throttle position in an instant with nothing in-between, therefore I conclude this is a bug?

Charles.

Have you checked your control options? Which throttle axis did you have it bound to, and what’s your Sensitivity curve setting look like?

It’s not my setup. Others have/had the same problem. Started about a month ago for those that posted. It’s a bug. I am going to install an older version on this plane and see how that goes.

Okay, I am giving up on the Headwind A330-900 until the problem with the throttles is solved, either by Headwind or a user hack. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem with no joy. Throttles work normally and then next flight they don’t. Remove from Community folder, restart sim, exit sim, move back into Community folder and restart sim. Throttles work. Too darn much trouble.

Did you try restarting the current flight from the menu at the bottom of the screen?
I haven’t tried the HW -900 in a bit, but I do have the current version.
I’ll give it a try myself, and see what happens.

I probably did. I tried everything I could think of. Thanks tho, I’ll give that a try to make sure.

Yeah, I dunno what’s causing your issue since I don’t need to install/delete/reinstall each time I want to fly. I just make sure I switched to the A330-900 control profile and my throttle always works.

Is your control setting folder write protected?
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

I’ve been flying the A330 for months, maybe a year. I never had a separate profile for it. Same profile for the A320Neo and B787. As far as write protected, I don’t know.
Everything was just fine until sometime after the first of the year, after the Jan. Update and then this reverse throttle bug popped up. Happened to some other folks too.
Color me stumpted.

However, now that I think about it, I will set up a separate profile and see what happens.

I gave it a try this AM.
The 900 worked fine just added to the community folder.
I do have my throttles always with “reverse axis” checked.

Just went into the sim, selected the A330-900 throttle was normal. Returned to Main Menu. Then I filed a new flight plan and re-entered the a/c. All was normal. Exited the sim completely and re-entered. Entered the A330 again and throttle was normal. Gads
Whatayagonnado

I think I may have solved the throttle problem, at least for me. I have been in and out of the A330-900 five times today and the throttle has always worked properly. I think the problem was I was using a different livery, rather than the stock livery. Today I was using the stock. More testing to follow, but I think tat is it.

1 Like

Livery has nothing to do with it. Because liveries don’t control throttle profile.

This could be a problem, especially if you’re using the FlyByWire A32NX. I always recommend to set a separate profile for each aircraft. Because these two aircraft interprets throttle sensitivity curve differently. So you need different profile with different sensitivity curve to be applied to each aircraft separately.

Even 787 can’t use the same sensitivity curve because the 787 doesn’t have detents on throttle modes. 787 should be linear, but even so it needs to be different from FBW A32NX, because of the different neutral point to determine which part is forward thrust, and which part is reverse thrust.

So if you’re flying three different aircraft. I actually suggest you create 3 separate profiles. One for A32NX with fully linear sensitivity curve since the detents are managed by the EFB FlyPad, one for 787 with a linear sensitivity curve but with a different throttle binding and neutral point due to the nature of the reverse thrust. And one for the A330-900 based on the default sensitivity curve due to the detents.