Heathrow Premium

I fly in and out of Heathrow a lot and ive noticed a few problems with the Asobo premium build that i wondered if anyone else had noticed.

First off, the lighting feels a bit dim at night. Whilst parked at gates, everything is so dark. Secondly, is there supposed to be so many bumps and dips in the runways and taxiways at Heathrow?

I have a mod that includes EGLL and fixes a lot of the issues if you want to give it a try:

What exactly does it fix?

I’ve added some night lighting to some of the terminals, fixes gate assignments, fixes some of the excess hold short nodes across the taxiway network, and connects taxiway A to name a few of the issues it fixes.

2 Likes

Have the runways been smoothed out?

I did add an airport flatten in the SDK and I haven’t noticed any major bumps that cause issues. I have flown out of there several times in the last month all using my mod.

Ok thanks I’ll give it a nose. But think Asobo should have a look at Heathrow as it’s supposed to be a premium edition airport imo. The surface is very bumpy. On one taxiway i almost got a wingtip strike whilst taxiing! And the lighting seems to be across all airports. For some reason, the lamposts are really dim and weak.

All hand crafted airports lack some serious effort in making them work as they do in real life. I wish they had made more effort on those airports for sure. Honestly, I don’t see airports improving until they release the world airport editor where people can go in a change things, but honestly, it shouldn’t have to come to that.

1 Like