Heli Pad Navigation Support for Hospitals as well as other such locations

Heli Pad Navigation Support for Hospitals as well as other such locations within World Map for SELECT DEPARTURE AND SELECT ARRIVAL Locations.

Example,
SELECT DEPARTURE or SELECT ARRIVAL for CNW8 TORONTO HOSPITAL FOR SICK CHILDREN Heli Pad Location is not recognized within MSFS NAV MAP.

SELECT DEPARTURE or SELECT ARRIVAL for CTM4 TORONTO St. Michael’s HOSPITAL Heli Pad Location is not recognized within MSFS NAV MAP.

I live 15 minutes from either of these two locations and often see the helicopters fly by.

When I visit either one of the two Hospitals I often see the Helicopters arriving and leaving these hospitals.

MSFS needs Navigation Map support for Hospital Helipads as well as other Global Heli Pad Locations.

Moved out of Sim Update Beta to Community Support-Wishlist.

I think part of the problem is that the helipads are not yet added to the sim. As they are added they will start to appear in the world map. Jorg mentioned that the community can get in contact and send a list of missing helipads.

Helipads on hospitals are not always as easy to find information about.

1 Like

Hi BenderS92
I do have a few long lists of Hospital Helipads.

How and where do I upload them to?

Thank you.

Now that we got helicopters this would be the next big step to actually have helipads added to the hospitals and so on. It is really hard if not impossible to find a snowy helipad at a hospital where all the surface is just white as the helipad is just a texture drawn from gps data but not actually a rendered and modded hard surface to find and land on. Please consider this for the next update!

Great stuff :slight_smile:

I contacted Sergio at helisimmer.com and he said he will forward it to Microsoft.

1 Like

Hi BenderS92,
Thank you for the Update.

I had an email conversation with Sergio regarding Hospital Helicopter helipads Nav Codes where I had made the suggestion that he could post on his website asking the flight simulation community around the world to send him lists of Hospital Helicopter helipads Nav Codes where he replied he had tried and no one ever responded that they were very difficult to find.

So, within 15 minutes I had sent him many very long lists of Hospital Helicopter helipads Nav Codes with one of them for all of Canada, one short one for Portugal, several other ones for complete parts of the United States.

I will let Sergio tell you in conversation over a cup of coffee what he said after I sent all those emails!!

The Flight Community can help with lists of Hospital Helicopter helipads Nav Codes lists from their Countries and email them to Sergio from HeliSimmer.com https://www.helisimmer.com as everyone by now knows he has been quite involved in the Helicopters Development with Microsoft Asosbo for MSFS.

3 Likes

There is a dedicated stickied post for exactly this!

The idea is you submit them to ZenDesk and then post them in this thread to be added to the master list.

1 Like

Hi Speed1994
WOW!
Thank you for this informed reply.

1 Like

@HeliSimmer I see the World Hub is being developed. This will probably make it easier for people to add missing helipads themselves and submit to the hub in the future.

@Speed1994 thanks for the link, very helpful.

1 Like

What is the progress of this issue?

Would really be a big step forwards if we could get rendered helipads on hospitals to make SAR missions much more realistic. We already have some helipads added on buildings like in Dubai so I guess everything which is needed is already there. NavData is/was provided by the community so is the team working on this?