Helicopters are a must

Went to a winery outside town last weekend with the family and saw one EC-120 parked there… Beautiful bird, and would also love to have in MSFS since I like “lighter” helicopters like this. Not a real fan of the big ones like Chinook, Sea King, Super Stallion, Mi-17 etc. Although a Blackhawk would be nice, but I think this will be more “at home” in DCS.

Guimbal Cabri G3 would also be nice! Small chopper, good aesthetic, with excellent visibility all round, perfect for sight seeing.

Although I’m sort of more used to the American “left pedal to counter right yaw when take off” helicopters rather than the European ones which goes the other way lol…

2 Likes

Fenestron helicopters require minimal pedal use during takeoff. Such a fenestron helicopter is the Gazelle, EC 120, EC 135 …

Bell 206, Hughes 500, EC 120, R 44 helicopters also offer great views.

My opinion is also that there is no need for military attack helicopters, large transport helicopters in Flight Simulator. That’s where the combat simulators are.

Flight Simulator requires light to mid-range helicopters.

Bell 47, Bell 206 JetRanger, Bell 407, Bell 212, Bell 222, Bell 412
R22, R 44, R 66
Hughes / MD 300, MD 500 C / D / E, MD 520 Notary, MD 600, MD 900
EC 120, EC 135, EC 145
AS 350 B1 / B2 / B3, AS 355, SA 365
MBB BO105, MBB BK 119
SA 318 Alouette, SA 341 Gazelle

4 Likes

In the meantime you can use the drone cam

Yeh, we need absolutly choppers in this sim !

1 Like

Voted! Hopefully they can shed some light about heli development…

When it happens, i have a feeling that it might be Bell-Textron helicopter(s) such as 206 and/or 407.
I’d be happy if they give us proper 407 (i love the 4 main blades!).
But we’d be happy anyways with any helicopters, as long as the SDK support third party devs to create helis, we can expect them to jump in!

For the helicopter SDK, I really hope that the SDK somehow “forces” the third party devs to implement realistic helicopter physics, so we won’t end up paying money for helicopters that fly like a drone/quadcopter.

4 Likes

Here to post my support for helis. But do wish they are a sophisticated model done properly and approved by professional heli pilots. FSX helis we all know werent realistic at all. DCS heli’s have really good choppers and you have to put in the time to learn them. Perhaps there could be 2 modes. Simpler model for casual fliers and a realistic one. Look forward to it.

2 Likes

That would be the R-22 or S300 for a trainer. and Turbine helis like Bell 407 , E 350’s for the transition aircraft and turbine time. Not many Bell 206’s still in service out there in the real world, although there are a few. The UH1B’s 205’s are slowly being retired as well in favor for the UH60’s. I still love flying the hueys, but I won’t take it personal if a dev chose not to port that one over to MSFS. I hope Asobo recognize that the only reason a lot of us still have other sims on our machines is to be able to fly our helicopters. We need them on MSFS, A.S.A.P!

Thank you

2 Likes

Look at this MSFS trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqJALPVn0Y
exactly at 1:00 - 1:02. Am I the only one wishing this scene to be flown inside AH-64 Apache cockpit instead of that Biplane? Lol…

Unfortunately this is not a helicopter :slight_smile: I don’t want to see combat helicopters in Flight Simulator.

We ask for many, many civilian helicopters, in very high quality, with good physics. :slight_smile:

Remember, you have to vote! to get answers from the developer.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/helicopters-are-a-must-talk-about-your-development-plans/322815

1 Like

Looks like helicopters aren’t coming until 2022. Very disappointing.

Of course we want them done right but 15 months ago they spoke about them like we’d get them shortly after launch not over a year. No awesome helicopter missions or 3rd party heli’s for ages.

1 Like

That was disappointing. I can recommend DCS Huey, that is in autumn Sale.

1 Like

I wonder what’s the hold up? Flight model not sufficient?

1 Like

We got the answers to our questions. The development roadmap includes 2022. I am very disappointed to leave the forum today. It was unnecessary to vote, to write on the forum. The date specified by the developer is very remote. In my opinion, it’s just a waste of time, there won’t be helicopters in the simulator. Think about how much two years of waiting. Flight Simulator will not be anywhere in two years. It is not in the interest of the developer to deal with, to develop the simulator if there is no revenue, profit.
I see about another year of support for the simulator and then it disappears. There are big plans, but to plan for the maio world for two years, to wait two years for something is ridiculously much.

I’m sorry that’s how the story ended. All other developments and updates are more important than the appearance and preparation of helicopters. The development team is great, there would have been an opportunity to develop helicopters, but there is no intention to do so.

Tens of thousands of helicopters fly around the world every day, performing many important tasks …

What kind of simulator is there where there are no helicopters? Ridiculous, pathetic …

7 Likes

When i seen 2022 i was been very, very disappointed. is it possible? 2022?. Am i read right?

I cannot believe that an important world like that of helicopters is in no phase of final develop at the moment and we have to wait at least 2 years to flight with them.
All the simulator actually in commerce have at least one helicopter, why not MSFS2020?

MSFS 2020 is a nice reality but without helicopters is like a sky without stars.

Now it is clear that MSFS is a very incomplete simulator and we will see the final product not in a few months but in years.

I am not fear to say that I am very, very disappointed

7 Likes

It is not a simulator without a helicopter. The date 2022 is very far away, ridiculous … What will happen in 2022? Will they start gathering information for helicopters and release it by 2024? Or will the helicopters show up in 2022? Will you start developing helicopters next year and release it in 2022? There are a lot of issues here, and the vague detail.

I see that they don’t want to develop helicopters, that’s a fact. Time lapse … Think about this simulator going to get years of development? No … Why would you improve in years if there is no revenue, no profit …

The advent of helicopters is so remote that it is a shame to deal with this simulator. Users were tricked.

7 Likes

It seems you are right… but i would wait what Asobo has to say about it. I hope that they say something in a next Q&A…

I’m not coming to my senses … Is this really serious? I can’t believe it.

Are they doing an amazing simulator where we could finally enjoy the view but no helicopter?

Because of the sight, the point would be on the helicopters. Fly low over forests, fields, cities …

What does the sight matter when a passenger plane flies at an altitude of 9000 m?

3 Likes

Completely agree

Stop crying, you will probably have payware/freeware thirds party devs helicopters before.

2 Likes

I hope you are right, but if Asobo does not develope the flight model for the Helicopters, how third parts do to exit with their models?