Helicopters are a must

Look at this MSFS trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqJALPVn0Y
exactly at 1:00 - 1:02. Am I the only one wishing this scene to be flown inside AH-64 Apache cockpit instead of that Biplane? Lol…

Unfortunately this is not a helicopter :slight_smile: I don’t want to see combat helicopters in Flight Simulator.

We ask for many, many civilian helicopters, in very high quality, with good physics. :slight_smile:

Remember, you have to vote! to get answers from the developer.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/helicopters-are-a-must-talk-about-your-development-plans/322815

1 Like

Looks like helicopters aren’t coming until 2022. Very disappointing.

Of course we want them done right but 15 months ago they spoke about them like we’d get them shortly after launch not over a year. No awesome helicopter missions or 3rd party heli’s for ages.

1 Like

That was disappointing. I can recommend DCS Huey, that is in autumn Sale.

1 Like

I wonder what’s the hold up? Flight model not sufficient?

1 Like

We got the answers to our questions. The development roadmap includes 2022. I am very disappointed to leave the forum today. It was unnecessary to vote, to write on the forum. The date specified by the developer is very remote. In my opinion, it’s just a waste of time, there won’t be helicopters in the simulator. Think about how much two years of waiting. Flight Simulator will not be anywhere in two years. It is not in the interest of the developer to deal with, to develop the simulator if there is no revenue, profit.
I see about another year of support for the simulator and then it disappears. There are big plans, but to plan for the maio world for two years, to wait two years for something is ridiculously much.

I’m sorry that’s how the story ended. All other developments and updates are more important than the appearance and preparation of helicopters. The development team is great, there would have been an opportunity to develop helicopters, but there is no intention to do so.

Tens of thousands of helicopters fly around the world every day, performing many important tasks …

What kind of simulator is there where there are no helicopters? Ridiculous, pathetic …

7 Likes

When i seen 2022 i was been very, very disappointed. is it possible? 2022?. Am i read right?

I cannot believe that an important world like that of helicopters is in no phase of final develop at the moment and we have to wait at least 2 years to flight with them.
All the simulator actually in commerce have at least one helicopter, why not MSFS2020?

MSFS 2020 is a nice reality but without helicopters is like a sky without stars.

Now it is clear that MSFS is a very incomplete simulator and we will see the final product not in a few months but in years.

I am not fear to say that I am very, very disappointed

7 Likes

It is not a simulator without a helicopter. The date 2022 is very far away, ridiculous … What will happen in 2022? Will they start gathering information for helicopters and release it by 2024? Or will the helicopters show up in 2022? Will you start developing helicopters next year and release it in 2022? There are a lot of issues here, and the vague detail.

I see that they don’t want to develop helicopters, that’s a fact. Time lapse … Think about this simulator going to get years of development? No … Why would you improve in years if there is no revenue, no profit …

The advent of helicopters is so remote that it is a shame to deal with this simulator. Users were tricked.

7 Likes

It seems you are right… but i would wait what Asobo has to say about it. I hope that they say something in a next Q&A…

I’m not coming to my senses … Is this really serious? I can’t believe it.

Are they doing an amazing simulator where we could finally enjoy the view but no helicopter?

Because of the sight, the point would be on the helicopters. Fly low over forests, fields, cities …

What does the sight matter when a passenger plane flies at an altitude of 9000 m?

3 Likes

Completely agree

Stop crying, you will probably have payware/freeware thirds party devs helicopters before.

2 Likes

I hope you are right, but if Asobo does not develope the flight model for the Helicopters, how third parts do to exit with their models?

They are not going to develop their helicopters unless the sim has provisions for them. Remember, it’s not the old sturdy ESP engine that had everything in, it’s new one and, frankly, it has been quite undercooked and sloppy so far.

Proper physics are required for the flight dynamics of helicopters to be adequate. Until then, a third-party developer will not be able to add a realistic helicopter to the simulator.

I missed one thing. Gliders are being developed earlier than helicopters. Ridiculous. I’m sorry, but the development team, marketing department is very stupid.

1 Like

Sad we will see for so long no helicopters in MSFS.
Nevertheless nobody should attack the dev team, I think they are doing a good job and do many things well. But yes it’s a disappointment to see no helicopters in the sim for so long.
All we can do is enjoy the sim without helicopters and let hear the developers our wish to helicopters. Maybe they will it do earlier if the voice of the community is loud enough, like it was with VR.

It is disappointing to see “2022” as a target release year (IF it happens, could very well be at the end of 2022), but at least now we have an estimated arrival time.

I dunno but judging by current situation, like France under COVID lockdown etc maybe 2022 seems to be “reasonable” to some extent? I mean we don’t even know the status of helicopter physics in the game engine, if any. The devs would probably need to fly some helicopters, get few helicopter lessons to get the feel of how they work, then designing the physics in the game engine and SDK, and working with their partners (could be Bell-Textron? some heli pilots for beta testers?) to bring us the helis.

Helicopters will be a big job for the devs for sure… Considering now it’s almost the end of 2020, if they list “2021” as ETA for Helicopters, then they must’ve started some works on it already. Since it says “2022”, then to me it shows that likely they haven’t started any work towards helicopters.

2 Likes

6 Likes

2022 but which month ?! i mean early or late of 22 ?!
Anyway this is not good ! i feel like being scammed by topnotch Graphic and google earth with empty hands !

1 Like

I have written before that it is a waste of time on the part of the developer. Helicopters are high on the wish list, but they don’t deal with it. There will be no helicopter in the simulator. There is no sign of the developer starting work. It’s a shock to me that the developer doesn’t see the community request, the importance of helicopters.

The community was deceived well.

1 Like