Helicopters are a must

Same here; such a great helicopter. It’s basically the sole reason I’ve kept X-Plane 11 installed post-MSFS.

2 Likes

I would be happy about a HUEY… best one is from DCS… also not bad the one from XPlane11… and is a must have in MSFS :slight_smile:

( and yes, 407 is a good one , the AB-412 too )

2 Likes

Yes indeed they are!

1 Like

I’m disappointed. Helicopters were not covered in developer issues. In December 2020, it was announced that the helicopters would be released in 2022. It is now 2021, almost half a year since the announcement. Helicopters are slowly in the top three on the wish list. The developer can follow the forum to see how much success the Hype EC135 helicopter has. It would also be appropriate to inform people who like helicopters about the plans. I’m sure there’s a schedule. I am thinking here of preparing for helicopter development. This is a complex job that requires a minimum of one year. The development team already needs to prepare a draft, they could talk to us about it.

The simulator will slowly be a year old, it would be good to move on with the improvements … It’s very boring to fix the initial bugs, that’s what every update is about …

3 Likes

Omg! Yes! Helicopters all day long!

1 Like

All, please do not use this topic to discuss third-party helicopters. Please use Third Party Addon Discussion: Aircraft.

A post was split to a new topic: Helicopter Joysticks

Please use: #self-service subcategories for discussion of Peripherals or Home Cockpit Building.

ADD The HELIs!!!

2 Likes

What’s the point of the great scenery without Helicopters. should have been in from day one.

5 Likes

You are very right, thank you for your comment. Flight Simulator has given a new, amazing visual world. Now you can enjoy helicopter flying. Dense forests, grassy meadows, bushes, wonderful buildings. The biggest mistake is that there is no helicopter in the simulator.

What a great contradiction …

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree any more. This is so needed for this sim with the graphics provided. There’s nothing better for sight seeing than a helicopter.

3 Likes

Strongly support expansion of quality helicopters. Effort so far is outstanding and free, and much to the credit of some fabulous people who care about the community and its future.

4 Likes

The helicopters are now in second place in the votes. :smiley:
I think it will be time to talk about helicopters again at the next Developer Q&A. If the helicopters are to appear in 2022, there should at least be a Roadmap for development. Otherwise a release in 2022 is becoming increasingly unlikely.

6 Likes

Helicopters will have to appear in the simulator in 2022. In 2021, beta should be tested. The developer has been believing users already. Enough of the wait …

In half a year, the development team will smoothly develop helicopter physics and flight dynamics. Later it can be gradually refined and improved.

You are right that the developer needs to talk about his plans for the development of helicopters. Detailed schedule, beta testing application.

I look forward to the development team speaking out and providing meaningful, important information to users. In my opinion, the helicopter community deserves information …

5 Likes

Agree 100% do it! do it Now!

2 Likes

Please use the #third-party-addon-discussion for any 3rd Party discussions.

Would be a wonderful addition to the variety of aircraft types.

100% agree!

I can’t wait for helicopters to be properly supported by Asobo but I have a feeling they need to figure out why the photogametry looks melted when flying at low altitude. The more people who are flying around in heli’s the more people are going to be aware of how poor some of the scenery is. For example, in Toronto, when you fly along the waterfront buildings like the Toronto Police Marine Unit and the boats outside are completely melted like puddy. You don’t notice these things at higher altitudes.