Helicopters are a must

The helicopters are now in second place in the votes. :smiley:
I think it will be time to talk about helicopters again at the next Developer Q&A. If the helicopters are to appear in 2022, there should at least be a Roadmap for development. Otherwise a release in 2022 is becoming increasingly unlikely.

6 Likes

Helicopters will have to appear in the simulator in 2022. In 2021, beta should be tested. The developer has been believing users already. Enough of the wait …

In half a year, the development team will smoothly develop helicopter physics and flight dynamics. Later it can be gradually refined and improved.

You are right that the developer needs to talk about his plans for the development of helicopters. Detailed schedule, beta testing application.

I look forward to the development team speaking out and providing meaningful, important information to users. In my opinion, the helicopter community deserves information …

5 Likes

Agree 100% do it! do it Now!

2 Likes

Please use the #third-party-addon-discussion for any 3rd Party discussions.

Would be a wonderful addition to the variety of aircraft types.

100% agree!

I can’t wait for helicopters to be properly supported by Asobo but I have a feeling they need to figure out why the photogametry looks melted when flying at low altitude. The more people who are flying around in heli’s the more people are going to be aware of how poor some of the scenery is. For example, in Toronto, when you fly along the waterfront buildings like the Toronto Police Marine Unit and the boats outside are completely melted like puddy. You don’t notice these things at higher altitudes.

I wonder when the start of helicopter development will be announced, when the developer will honor us to talk about the plans. The development of helicopters needs to start now in order to be released next year. FlyInside’s small development team has created an amazing model with real helicopter flight physics and dynamics. I don’t understand why Asobo with hundreds of developers isn’t able to make helicopters, dynamics, physics? A small team did a perfect job from scratch. Is a big developer wasting time? How it is?

how much does thermals, up&down drafts play a role for helicopters? I would really like to know if it has a similar big impact like with airplanes?

There is different quality levels in photogammetry. You should try Milano, it was quite good. Or maybe it was because raining? I should visit there when weather is better. Others have said good about Venice.

In my opinion London with landmarks is suffient too. OrbX Innsbruck was little disappointment but I found free mod which will add there some helipads.

read that, it could help you understanding (sorry, it’s in french). that point precisely : vol de pente
" Slope flight

Operating on an uphill slope increases flight safety, normally no where very little turbulence, less power required for flight, faster altitude gain and fuel economy.

Watching raptors is the best way to find the upward sunny slopes. Watch out for cables!

Always approach a slope at a maximum angle of 45 ° to keep clearance. Monitor the anemometer because the ground scroll is greater."

2 Likes

Yes! Enough said…simply…YES!

I think once the simulator supports helicopters we will be flooded with helicopters from third party developers. This sim, with its incredible breathtaking scenery and forward-looking techniques, and perhaps most importantly, their targeting of a wider audience, will bring many, many developers to rotary wings. I think and hope that most of us will have our favorite models in the sim.
Look at the amount of addons after not even a year, that are now available for MSFS.

1 Like

Could. Not. Possibly. Agree. More!!!

Mission dynamics would be nice future horizon. I want a skycrane or a KMAX with a Bimmy bucket to put out some fires. I will buy more cores for this! - Not a game, but a real Flight sim model with activities.

I would love to fly helicopters like the r22 and the r44

It would be time to inform the helicopter community. The developer has begun preparing the helicopters? We are entering the first half of 2021. It would be nice to see a detailed schedule for helicopters …

1 Like

After having contributed to the H135 project for some time, I also would like to leave my “+1” for helicopters here as well.

But actually…I would rather see a general SDK Update to support overall vertical flight development,, not just helicopters which should include:

1.) Any sort of downwash effects (brownout, whiteout etc.)
2.) A modification of the windshield rain, so that you can consider downwash. Animated UVs would be nice if that’s not natively possible.
3.) A proper, generic rotor modell, also capable of Autorotation
4.) Swashplate templates
5.) Variable rotor configurations (Conventionional, coaxial, Flettner style etc.)
6.) Debug Visualizations per rotor disc (local speeds, pitch angles, inflow, thrust, torque)
7.) Flow interaction with the environment
8.) Mixed configurations (Wing + Rotors) and Tilt Rotors
9.) Variable propulsion (batteries + electric motors, turboshaft or internal combustion engines)
10.) Support for non-driven rotors (Gyrocopter)

Besided that, a couple of enhancements of ground scenery would help:
11.) Actual power lines between the poles.
12.) Keeping streets and water leveled if possible

Looking forward to official choppers in MSFS :v:

4 Likes

I totally agree with you. By the way, in the last developer Q&A Jörg Neumann mentioned that they are looking for long term partners for the helicopter development.

Check this link if you want to hear it by yourself:

(Timestamp: 48:48)

Then we can only hope that they will quickly find a good partner for development.
How about FRASCA helicopter simulation :grin: :helicopter: