Helicopters are a must

only if they offer the simulator to each owner of MSFS who wants to pilot a helicopter :rofl:

1 Like

It’s almost halfway through 2021, and we’re just now looking for partner development? 2022 is a pipe dream for heli flying in MSFS, but I digress…

JUST HIRE THESE GUYS: http://www.dodosim.com/
Email: support@dodsim.com
Not sure if they’re looking for partnership, but dang please reach out to them already! At least maybe they can offer technical guidance or consultation for helis.

Willing to bet any heli simmer worth their weight in the past 10 years would know the Dodosim team well. Dodosim took practically ALL the fundamentals of helicopter flight into consideration, and applied them to an otherwise unusable (read: totally unrealistic) flight model from FSX. The result was heli simmer gold. On top of nice models, sounds, and realism (ah, there you are, force trim), Dodsim specifically addressed things like:

Effective translational lift
Torque-Induced Yaw
Transverse Flow Effect
Flap Back
Translating Tendency
Dissymmetry of Lift
Induced Flow Rotor RPM modulation
Rotor Droop
Vortex Ring State
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness
Retreating Blade Stall
Tail wind effect on Horizontal Stabilizer

They did it right; the Bell206 was every bit as realistic as it could be in FSX, because of these guys. I’m all for partner development, nothing wrong with taking things to the pros if you want a superior product. And maybe with their experience, they can move the heli release timeline up a bit? I think that’s all we could ask for at this point in the game.

Thanks and let’s hope we see a heli (or two) pop up sooner than later!

MODERATOR EDIT: Removed ping to Asobo.
Please do not ping team members to bring attention to an issue or bug.

2 Likes

I think they are looking for real life helicopter manufacteurs, as they did it with fixed wings.
But maybe because helicopters are much more complex in its flight behavior compared to fixed wings they’re also looking for „simulator partners“.
In this case also the guys who developed the DCS choppers would be great at least, this from the Mi-8, Huey and KA-50.
I’m excited how helicopters will feel in MSFS (with the official support from Asobo, Microsoft).
I like the smooth DSC feeling but MSFS is another sim so we will see. :smiley::helicopter:

2 Likes

dodosim was perfect for FSX, :+1:
but for the last few years they have been announcing a UH 1H for FSX, but there has never been any news. The homepage has been looking the same for years, I’m afraid dodosim no longer exists :disappointed:

1 Like

“Helicopters are a must” is now on top of the Top-Wishlist:

1 Like

But still not started and planned for 2022 :wink:

While helpicopter aren’t exactly at the top of my wishlist.I do think they would be cool to explore areas & hoover over them without the need to put the game on pause. I imagine hitting the trottle full power will make them go up/down instead of forward like an airplane & the back/forward of the joystick to ascend/decent would work like the throttle to make airplane go faster/slower …So in reverse pretty much.
I’d love a seaplane/floatplane just as much

I could think of so many good places I could land a mosquito XL

Agree, must have!

1 Like

try the bell, its very very good. much better than the hs135

1 Like

I fly the B47G often. It’s a lot of fun and will challenge IRL heli jockeys.

1 Like

It is sad for me that the developer did nothing to start developing the helicopters. I read the news every week, look at developer issues and make no progress. They take the helicopter community to nothing. They deal with all other nonsense. The developer refers to the complexity of helicopters, which is ridiculous. The Flyinside development team, with 2-3 people on their own, has created fantastic helicopter physics and flight dynamics.

Why isn’t Microsoft capable of a large development team?

That’s a choice : status is planned, not started which means it’s not a priority at all despite the users votes.

1 Like

Votes are an indication of what the community prefers but that doesn’t mean there will be any changes on priorities.

Community comment doesn’t matter. Helicopters are at the top of the wish list. The development, design, commencement and preparation of helicopters do not take place. There is no partnership with helicopter developers or helicopter factories.
Items that received a few hundred votes on the Wish List are being developed …
I feel cheated. I’m a stupid person that I believed in the developer.

I stress again!

The FlyInside team did a realistic helicopter simulation with a couple of people. It’s a very small team. Then Microsoft, Asobo what are you waiting for? Why waste time?

Work should have started in the summer to be in beta testing for the winter, and release in 2022.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you feel cheated. Right now, everything is still within the promised timeframe. It’s not 2023 yet. That’s still 18 months away.

1 Like

Are you kidding me now? It’s also a joke that the helicopters will be released in 2023 … Start working on the helicopters. It was enough to promise and to believe.

I didn’t say helicopters will be released in 2023. I said it’s not 2023 yet. Helicopters are planned for 2022 so until December 31st 2022, it is still 2022.

And that’s still 18 months away.

3 Likes

Stop being so logical…LOL. People don’t want to hear logic.

1 Like

I wander what type of helis we’ll get in this sim from Asobo.I want a Robinson R-44,Hughes 500 and a Eurocopter/Kawasaki BK 117.