Helicopters are a must

My hope for helicopters

Boeing chinook
Mosquito XL
Ch77 light sport helicopter
BlackHawk

1 Like

Great choices! I think helicopters will literally “take off” with developers by this time next year. Should be plenty to add to the hanger.

1 Like

Need a good peripheral that’s not too crazy expensive. Someone needs to make a collective/stick with an adjustable bracket that clamps onto an office chair stem. Like a Turtle Beach Velocity H or something like that. With a set of pedals for both… Wish I had a company that could make that kind of stuff.

Helicopter simulation is a smallish market, and hardware doesn’t come cheap. You might want to check Virpil collective system with their chair mount.

Considering the money I have invested in I racing, I’m probably going to skip heli’s, or stick to the GTAV ones. sub $500 for a setup, id probably buy it though :wink:

Just reverse the axis on the HOTAS and it’s close enough to collective.

The K-51 collective does exactly this, it’s around $250 shipped. There is a review on helisimmer - most people seem pleased with them. It’s appx a 6 week wait currently.

My hope for helicopters

AW101
S-92
V-22 Osprey (Strictly not a chopper but still on the list)
Bell 525

1 Like

Everyone has some serious wishlist’s and to be honest i think default aircraft will suck flight model wise, so better off letting the experts make them.
If history is anything to go by we will get 1 helicopter and it won’t be anything special.

But the added compatibility for the prop and helicopter effects it brings is good for developers.

1 Like

Very good news from the development team! There is very serious work going on. The helicopter community has been waiting a long time for us to hear and see this news! We are happy, thank you very much!

Update on Helicopters

4 Likes

We know there’s going to be a DLC with several helicopters but we weren’t told anything about a default helicopter yet.

1 Like

Until we have the DLC, I’m testing real helicopters. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yes!.
There is an add-on H135 and 145, but the smaller ones as well as a CH-47 Chinook and the Skycrne would be appreciated.

Several is of course welcome news, but do we really expect the default flight model to be good?
I hope so, but hope is a useless emotion. Bring the evidence and the smile will appear on my face.

Do we really know what to expect, ever? Things can go extremely well, extremely wrong or anything in between. What Asobo and Microsoft have been showing, seems very promising. I was impressed with the VTOL video showing the CFD and the interaction of the air flow with the ground and the fuselage.

Sebastian Wloch already mentioned the fact that the rotor blades are different from the propeller blades, which was something that worried me and it seems to show that they are diving into the correct physics and dynamics. He also talked about gyroscopic precession, which, again, shows that he seems to know what he’s talking about (and working on). I mention that in one of my latest articles.

BUT, as hopeful as I am (because of the progress they have shown and also some conversations I have had with MS and Asobo in the past), we will still have to wait and see as a lot can happen. Will they have time to add everything they want to? Will they be able to do it at all with the resources they have?

There are a lot of variables that can work for or against us.

I believe in the team and in the future of the sim. And, yes, I will be disappointed if things go badly, of course. I am rooting for every sim in the market that can bring good helicopters (options are always good to have) so I would love MSFS to be an amazing sim for us rotorheads.

11 Likes

I am grateful to Microsft, Asobo. They made an amazing simulator! Best simulator on the market! Very spectacular, very good flight dynamics! I’m sure we’ll get an amazing helicopter, flight physics from the development team!

I like the As350 Ecureuil heli

2 Likes

Hill HX50 will be the milestone rotary wing machine for the next few years I’m sure. I would love a version on the simulator, it would be great

images

6 Likes

This might be a great collaboration for Microsoft and Asobo. VRM has the right flight physics and MS/Asobo the graphics. :raised_hands:t3:

Sling load:

2 Likes

That’s not VRM’s physics. That’s Aerofly FS2. A special version made for VRM.

I was invited to try a prototype in 2018. It was amazing back then. Can’t imagine how it is now. They have invited me back but due to Covid-19 I had to postpone. I’m planning on checking it out again maybe later this year or early next year.

1 Like