Helicopters are a must

That’s interesting. I thought the scenery could be Ortho4XP in X-Plane, it looks also pretty similar. I tried also an older version some time ago. This version wasn’t EASA certified, but also on the moving platform and so on. I’m looking forward to your review about the new certified one.

When Asobo do bring helicopters natively to the sim later this year it’ll be interesting to see how the flight physics improves from what Hype Performance (and others) have managed to achieve thus far.

It’ll also be interesting to see how they release it and which third party developers start making helicopters. Presumably Asobo will release at least one free helicopter just to get the ball rolling.

I wonder what other helicopters are currently in development?

From what Asobo has been showing, they are working on pretty advanced stuff.

Developers are mostly limited by their ability to create their own physics right now. It is possible to do excellent helicopters already if you know what you’re doing. I actually released a video about that earlier today.

2 Likes

Only for curiosity. Does anyone else see that bell 212 that appears in the Gee Bee presentation video in hangar view?

2 Likes

The developers talked about the helicopters in the video. The development of helicopters is progressing well. I am very happy! Thank you so much for your work to the team!

Watch the video!

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting that reply from them. I love how the team started giggling when Jayne said who the next question was from.

3 Likes

The helicopters are coming to November. Wonderful. The preview shows Bell 407, Cabri.

3 Likes

Great trailer. Hopefully we’ll get a (probably paid, but that’s okay) helicopter expansion with more heli’s early next year. Also really hope we get helicopter AI traffic too.

2 Likes

Microsoft’s plan is to release a paid DLC with a few helicopters. It is not clear if we are getting a free default helicopter yet.

I am glad they have done the G2 as it was the trainer I advised them to do since it’s a modern helicopter and we are surely getting some Robbies done in the future.

Don’t know what you are talking about but the yesterday showcased helicopters are all free of charge as well as the other aircraft like the INI A310 (which was confirmed by them yesterday)

Can you supply a source for that information Delta2k5?

Have you seen this information in a different video or something,
nothing along those lines is mentioned in this video.

[Official Discussion] Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase Announcements - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums might help

1 Like

Very nice!! Thank you for that HawkMoth9135.

We can count that as confirmed true then!!

Excellent news for everyone right there!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The proof is provided by iniSimulations forum post about their 80 bucks payware:

Also fselite, which is a trustable source which got direct connections to the MSFS team wrote an article:

“The 40th Anniversary Edition will be a completely free update this November for those who own Microsoft Flight Simulator or play via Xbox Game Pass. This is a “comprehensive celebration of the franchise with both a tribute to our past as well as an introduction to new and highly anticipated aircraft types.””

Edit: nvm, wasn’t fast enough :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

All good bud :sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks anyway, Plenty of confirmation there.

Good to have it all available in the same spot.

2 Likes

Really hoping that it won’t just rise up UFOish when we pull collective up

1 Like

They confirmed it, yes.

I sat down with Jorg to talk about helicopters and get some confirmations. It was a nice conversation with interesting info about how Microsoft is handling future features and aircraft.

12 Likes

Very awesome interview! Thank You @Spac3Rat and to Jorg! You both touched on something about visuals as you land. I took the Drone the other day and landed in front of my house… There are tons of trees around my house and street… as I landed, it looked like I was landing into a huge hedge… in fact you could not see the front of my house, it looked like just a slice of “Tree Cake” lol. So it is obvious they have not extended the Bing technology in the game to include street views. I have flown in real helicopters, not as a pilot, but as a passenger. I am a Broadcast Engineer, and had to helicopter to some transmitter sites as you could not get to them by road in the winter. Also when I worked in TV as we would use the helicopters to cover live events. So it was said in the interview, you can land just about anywhere, so it would be interesting to see how it will look. I hope they have some challenges like medical transport… picking up a patient and landing on a helipad some where at a hospital. Sergio, I have not heard of your site before but I am going to check it out now. Thank you again!

Over 500 posts later and the plea from all of us is finally on the horizon. I had not played MSFS much recently but have got back into it now VR is improving and the promise of helicopters.

1 Like