Help please to calibrate X52 controller

Since the last update my X52 controller has been upset , so much so that I can not steer (rudder control) aircraft on the ground. The aircraft is all over the place, not steerable at all, unable to taxi? I have calibrated the X52 in Win 10, and all seems fine. I understand that you can calibrate controllers from within FS2020, but I have checked in options and can not find this? The controller was working fine before this update. Also since update I have lost ATC sound, even on the headphone socket. Why is it EVERY time there is an update, something is upset in FS2020? Help please.

Any help or replies, PLEASE?

Hi E Bull

What are you not finding in sim? The controller settings?
Concerning ATC sound,have you tried the “repaifr function” of the sim?

Scott

I was looking for a controller calibration and controller reset function inside FS2020. The Win10 controller settings for the X52 are OK. Tested the X52 in Aerofly FS2 Flightsim and the all X52 controls are working fine. In FS2020 the aircraft on the ground, the rudder keeps shaking, so I am unable to steer the aircraft for take-off or landing? Flying through the air the rudder is OK? The ATC sound is now working, what problem was before, unknown. Where is this ‘Repair Function’ of the sim, I cant find it? Thank you for reply.

Fault finding with MSFS2020 + input controllers.

1. Check Windows Calibration. (Depending on controller and any manufacturer specific software it may not be necessary to actually calibrate but this windows function is actually ok for simple functionality testing.)
  • it seems you have done this and it looks like the problem is not with controller or Windows.
  1. Second opinion using DIView
    DIView is a simple standalone application that is pretty useful for testing what your inputs are doing. (Download from LeoBodnar)
  • as above, your controller and windows both seem to be playing nice together.
  1. Check your bindings within the Sim.
    3a if you use a custom profile check that it didn’t simply get deselected and the default one become active.

Some users have reported that their controller profiles get reset to default or wiped altogether. If this is the case Zendesk ticket so they realise this is a problem and it actually ought to be fixed.

Go through each input. Check that you have the correct axis defined and that it works in the control config area.

Double check for any additional functions that have randomly been mapped to those axes.

It’s probably a good idea to create your own user profile for each controller rather than using the default.
(Duplicate default + rename should be enough)

Work forward from there.

Thank you very much for your reply. I really do appreciate it. Unfortunately, I have to go out soon, so I will get back to this when back home later. Thanks again, all the best, and I will let you know the outcome.

The sensitivity settings for the controller are under control options and then left side “sensitivity”.
The repair function is under
Windows button left down corner.
Scroll dowm to MSFS
RIGHT click on it
More
App settings

Thank you. I will try that later. I must close now, have to go out. I will let you know the outcome. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Still having problems. In the MSFS control options and then choose default the Saitek X52 is stable for the Z (rudder Axis), as is the up/down, and L/R axis on the joystick. However, this is the ONLY controls that work in the Default mode. No other hats or buttons work? Although the throttle works. Re-select to Saitek X52, everything works but the rudder axis is unstable, the rudder keeps jumping around, unable to steer aircraft on the ground. It was working perfectly before this ■■■■ update.

Have you tried creating a new clean profile. Mapping everything yourself?

Start with the basics. Work upwards.

There are 2 columns to map buttons/keys/axes. (A left column and a right column) map everything to the LEFT column to start.
Map nothing to the right hand column.

(I have noticed that either by design or bug mapping any axis to the right column results in odd behaviour)