Help! What happened to my Tiny Taxi Ribbons

Since the latest update, I have been unable to activate my Tiny Taxi Ribbon addon. I only use the ribbon when I land and need to find a gate, but nevertheless, the loss of the the smaller ribbon is a pain. I have tried to delete and reinstall the software, but nothing seems to work. Anyone with an idea?

The Asobo_UI.bgl probably got overwritten with the original during the update. Just install the mod again and you should be fine.

1 Like

Mike is correct. You’ll need to reinstall this mod, following the creators instructions, as it is not a community folder type mod.

1 Like

Tiny Taxi Ribbon and Subtle Taxi Ribbon are 2 different products:

From the creator of Tiny Taxi Ribbon " Update: As my mod now has been reverse engineered by Neo4316, I see no reason to continue this project and it will be discontinued."

WU8 did overwrite the official file, so you may want to delete all traces of Tiny Taxi Ribbon and try installing Subtle Taxi Ribbon. After WU8, I replaced the official file with the Subtle Taxi Ribbon file. I use the 35% version, and after installing WU8 and seeing the huge ribbon again, I got that smaller taxi ribbon back by simply overwriting the Asobo_UI.BGL file with that Subtle Taxi Ribbon file, as the others on this thread have indicated.

That’s funny right there as that’s the exact thing he did to Cygnifick, taking his work from finding and modifying the taxi ribbon code, then uploading it as his own mod.

1 Like

PhantomStreak, I don’t know what your agenda is. You have been after me since day one complaining that I have stolen or reverse engineered Cygnifick’s hard work. Let it be totally clear. Before I made my version of the mod, I contacted Cygnifick and asked for permission to do it and release it publicly. For him it was totally fine, and so I did. This permission I have in writing. The mod was released as freeware and I gave credits to Cygnifick in the readme file for finding the correct file to hex-edit.

Later I discovered other code in the file I could alter to improve the mod. This was a very time consuming job with trial and error, taking days and weeks to accomplish. This version, I sent to people who donate via PayPal. The main mod based on Cygnifick’s work remained free.

Now, what to spend money on, is up to each and one of us. If a product is not worth the price, you don’t buy it. Nobody can force you to pay for anything (except the government). If it’s called donorware or payware has nothing to do with this mater.

Before you accusing someone publicly for stealing, you better be ■■■■ sure you have all the facts. Falsely accusing people for theft is injuring and can have legal consequences.

Please take this conversation (or more likely debate) OFF the Board. Thread closed.

1 Like