Here is how to update the Nav DB for the Aerosoft CRJ

thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you folks saying that, if I buy the CRJ , I have to pay MORE just to update its Nav Data?

Only if you want to fly with accurate NavData.

You don’t have to, but you will be stuck on one old AIRAC cycle that comes with it.
To keep it up to date you do need a basic Navigraph sub or AS have their own nav sub solution too. The basic Navigraph sub just updates AIRACS cycles and a tool to easily do it. It also gives you access to latest AIRAC on simbrief.

Simbrief uses one older AIRAC without the sub, so what you find if you don’t have a sub and use the old AIRACS is that some flightplans just don’t load into the CRJ FMS. Many still do, but some don’t. With a basic navigraph sub and updated AIRACs they always load in.

I took a full sub out recently, and I have to say navigrah is excellent and if you fly airliners you will wonder how you did without it. Being able to view all the sids and stars and approaches in game on their toolbar app in complete clarity before actually choosing them in the FMS is fantastic and worth the sub alone. I’m using it all the time now.

AS are clear on the CRJ product page description that a subbis needed to update the AIRAC on the FMS on the CRJ and that it comes with only one AIRAC cycle pre installed.

You can of course continue to just enter flightplans manually on the CRJ FMS with the older AIRAC, no sub / update required.

I don’t fly airliners much, but I do like the CRJ. Regional, short flights can be fun. But I am not going to pay for a subscription when I really don’t fly it that often. It ends up being very discouraging though, because after I set up a flight plan in LittleNavMap, even with Navigraph data off, when I enter it into the CRJ FMS, sometimes SIDs or STARs are missing and then I have to hunt for one that works and it just becomes frustrating and turns me off from flying. I have a good startup flow and I can get data into the FMS quickly and know how to fly it, but dealing with data issues is depressing.