Here is what they should have said in 9/17 Development update

Well said. I completely agree with you and I support your four suggestions strongly. I would be signifcantly less upset if there was better communication regarding the inner workings of the game, specific goals, and more detailed and specific patch notes.

Gosh you guys are just triggering me tonight. On that subject, I’m curious if the game checks package integrity on launch, and if it does, to what extent (hopefully not just checking a version number). I purchased through steam, and steam has its own integrity checker, but it doesn’t work for games packaged like MSFS2020. Maybe I’ll go over to the wishlist later and add a manual integrity checker (that validates checksums)… Thanks moxie!

I’m not familiar with PR, but maybe a legal issue? A formal apology or ‘sorry’ might be regarded as an admission of guilt, thus becoming a liability issue?

I mean, on a communication level it seems rather silly not to apologize for honest mistakes.

Well, a huge amount of posts on the forum are us just speculating about stuff we don’t know. Quashing that speculation with truth would be effective. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I doubt it. If you read the End User License Agreement for MSFS2020, you’ll find that you agreed that the game is supplied as-is. You get what you get.

I think it’s time the team considers creating a pool of testers from the community to thoroughly test updates prior to reelease.

I know people are upset but it makes no sense to rush updates that introduce new problems and further create hostile in the FS community. You’re better off releasing the update for testing and making sure there’s no major issues.

3 Likes

Good suggestion.

But didn’t they try that with alpha testers, beta testers, and then still released it with a murderous Airbus and psychopathic autopilots?

By the way, I had a spectacular landing in the Airbus just now, in really awful weather, with wind gusts and turbulence and spooky clouds that swallowed me whole.

If it works it’s kinda pretty and even a bit scary.

I don’t want to go completely to the dark side here.

1 Like

That is nice to hear. =). Hopefully all of us will eventually have more and more experiences like that soon

1 Like

Asobo is rightly keeping its distance from the always over zealous and occasionally toxic flight sim community. They’re smart to let Microsoft handle the communication.

They don’t need to deal with temper tantrums on the forums.

5 Likes

Airbus works great with 3rd party mod. The only plane I have had success with. Haven’t tried 787 yet which is modded also.

I know, not to rub it in.

I’m also annoyed with the way they handle this.

And I’m used to 3rd party airplanes that are so much fun to fly, with functioning autopilots and reasonable behavior. So despite the potential that peeks through, I also feel frustrated about these shïtty airliners, with still no option to jump into anything better.

I’m going down with 6000 feet per minute.

How could that have escaped anyone’s attention?

1 Like

Wait, does using an umlaut really circumvent the profanity filter?

I assumed if they can’t install on umlauts, they can’t filter on umlauts either.

Guess I was right :slight_smile:

I must agree with that. The forum is extremely small and vocal part of the community. Not necessarily representation of the community as a whole. Communicating here, although would be great, is objectively a waste of their resources. Hours spend on reading and replying. Cannot be just one person, because one person does not know everything, so people from different departments would have to do it. Plus, with attitudes of some people here, I know I wouldn’t want to do it. It is rare that devs of AAA titles are active on forums.

1 Like

I don’t think it has nothing related to the official work time in France but rather with the specifications given by Microsoft to Asobo and the money paid
So far Microsoft is really happy there 1.5 millions people or so who are not only debugging the sim free of charge but even more brilliant they had to pay for that
Well done Mr Microsoft…

Asobo is less about turbulence and more about flatulence!! The third party providers of scenery and 3D AI and graphics folks did awesome job but the sim got thrown under the bus by the coding team at Asobo!

When you have yourself declared that patch will come out on or before 20th and set the expectations of customers what was the need to bring it out 4 days early without any QC whatsoever?? Why couldn’t you QC for 3 more days? This is plain stupidity of Asobo!

I like the sim, but I am honestly tired of them introducing new issues. I’d rather have 2-3 months between patches to ensue they work well, instead of having downgraded LOD, unflyable 787 and A320, on top of other game-breaking issues.

This is first time I wish I could roll back a patch. The new one introduced only one good new thing, which is the refresh rate setting of glass cockpits, which admittedly improves performance a ton.

I just can’t stand the fact that game has so much worse rendering distance now.

1 Like

The omission of the “sensitivity” slider killed this sim for me for the time being.
My GA planes are so hard to control now, the “see-saw” motion is actually getting me sick!!!
This is terribly frustrating, I understand “bug fixes” take time on a large program like this, but this is just sloppy and wrong to me.
I was “tuning” my YOKO yoke on the first patch to a reasonable level of stability despite the windy conditions, but now I cannot fly at all.
What’s making me angry is I have to wait another 10 days just to give me back what I already had?
Before releasing a big patch, doesn’t someone actually try and fly and use this product?
I went for the “Premium Package” ($127) and I haven’t flown for more than a few hours in a month.
I’m 63 years old and have been flying sims since the early 80’s, I built a flight deck and a very powerful computer–I’m a computer tech.
I can handle and expect bug fixes for years, but not the inability to adjust my controllers when they used to work!!!
I’m very frustrated, 2020 is the worst year for EVERYTHING!!!

4 Likes

Spot on mate!