Here we go again....and this is BAD!

After this update (GOTY) my G2 VR went from 24-27 FPS WITH ALL ULTRA (except for occlusion) down to a mere 14-15 FPS . Even turning everything from ultra to high, raises the FPS by only 3 FPS, giving me a total of 18 and I can’t read a darn thing on the dashboard at less than 100 rendering. How in the world they managed to do this, by adding VR controller inputs?
DX12 Alpha is not turned on. I tried it and it made it even worse, but I understand, it is in their notes that it is a “work in progress”
But please Asobo, let’s patch the VR soon, do not wait till the next Sim update.

8 Likes

I haven’t yet found a way to reclaim the lost VR FPS since goty (dx 11 or 12). A handful of folk on other forums seem to have retained theirs in 2D

I have to lower the rendering to 30 (yes, 30 !!!) to get the FPS to where it was before in VR.
As far as the 2D, it performs beautifully, perhaps better than before in my PC. I amg etting 60’s and up the higher I fly with everything in ultra, including Occlusion at 3440x1440. But the thing is I am hooked on VR, I can honestly say I can not go back to 2D, I can not get the immersion. Upsetting… I didn’t have that many FPS before with all in ultra (VR) but 25 FPS while fluing above 2500/3000 was very smooth.

1 Like

I can’t go back to 2d flying either

Hopefully MSFS2020 will return to being a Simulator now that MS has got the game STUFF (XBOX) out of the way. I really hope so because I am loosing the interest in the Sim… :cry:

2 Likes

I do have faith that VR will get fixed, because Asobo fixes what they brake, they have a good record on
that. It is things like this VR issue that makes you wonder of how much testing is done before a patch is released. Lessons are not being learned.

3 Likes

This update was bad. Before this I didn’t have big problems with updates. I must fly with other sims until this is fixed.

I hope they will fix menus quicly and hope they do something that we get old FPS back. Helsinki looked good although and Hornet HUD worked also. Goshawk lost it HUD but it will be fixed. It is time for hotfix now.

1 Like

I cannot pull up navigraph!!

Press ctrl-0 and you should have access to the toolbar and Navigraph again.

2 Likes

SU8 is supposed to be focused on bug fixes, and it really needs to be, as I feel MS/Asobo are starting to run out of good will for this development approach. After that I hope they move to a process of releasing complete and fully tested features when they are ready instead of forcing their developers into this crazy monthly release cycle.

I keep finding more and more issues in VR, like can’t freeze the flight, the ATC panel can not be moved out of the way or close, the mouse disappearing and not be able to get it back. Instead of using the WIndows key+y to switch the mouse cursor between Windows reality and MSFS VR screens, I had it programmed into VoiceAttack, along with many other commands. pressing the spacer bar no longer centers the screen… This is INSANE!!! No wonder the streamers are hush hush right now, cause they are probably trying to cool down so they won’t say things they will regret later. The only thing left for me to try is doing a complete uninstall and re-install, even though historically that didn’t help anyone. What else can I do? OH, the help menu in VR does not work either. You can click on it all you want and it does nothing.
The game in 2D appears to be OK, is just the VR devs crew that messed up bad.

Edit: I found out that I had a “Ghost” keyboard profile, and once I deleted it I was able to freeze the screen during a flight again. Weird stuff, just like some people reported that the “world” would not turn and the solution was to reset the default mouse profile? …

2 Likes

Wow thanks!

1 Like

Totally agree mate, VR is an absolute s**t fest after this appalling ‘update’. Why the hell they had to try and implement VR controllers I do not know. The mouse works fine for me personally. Immersion is broke far more by struggling to find my VR controller and twist and turn it whilst trying to hold it still during a turbulent flight, thats if the bloody thing works in the first place!

1 Like

I have access to the toolbar in VR, but the mouse click do not work at all, and can’t move the windows out of the way.

Back to XP11 and the toliss a340. At least xp11 works and with some adjustments can be better and stutter/bug free

That scares me more than hope when I remember the bugfix dedicated SU6. But hey, its just fun, we have airrace competition and supersonic warbird now, so why weeping about functionalty or performance on boring civil aircraft.

2 Likes

Count me in the FPS Lost Club. I haven’t touched anything in my settings.
VR is a total mess with SU7. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

just want to mention, my earlier post was testing on win 10 21h1, but have just discovered my windows 11 install of the game is running well under DX11 (still stutters in DX12), in fact it may even be slightly better than SU6 (HAGS off and Game Mode off)

It’s upsetting that Jorg mentioned very clearly that by the end of the year they would have vr working great with great performance in one of the stream q&a’s.
I have g2, i9, and a 3090 and I have never really found settings that worked well for me so i keep waiting until they make some real progress…

1 Like

Same here.
Poor performance after SU7.
Especially when turning the camera/perspective.

Tried lowering LOD => had some minor effect.
Tried lowering texture quality from Ultra to High.
This brought back the performance. Not sure whether it is a smooth than before, but better than lowering the LOD.