Higher vegetation for fields and meadows

Very nicely summarized and written. :+1:t2: :sunflower: We can only hope now.

+1 Although the scenery is better than most sims any improvement only makes it better.

1 Like

Sometimes these negligible little things form one perfect image, which will show up much later as you move on.

+1. I think as time goes by and the hardware gets better and better, more and more will be possible. As we go along and more and more can be added, possibly with some impact on performance, I hope a lot of in-sim granularity will be added to allow a feature to be turned on or not, some estimate of the potential performance impact of turning it on (and whether it’s best used as a low, med, high, or ultra option), and perhaps the ability to turn it on only for a specific part of the flight plan or for some specific conditions in the flight (from reading discussion of tree LOD and distance I gather a lot of this already goes on behind the scenes in the sim but IT WOULD BE NICE IF IT WERE MUCH EASIER FOR THE USER TO UNDERSTAND HOW ANY GRAPHIC OPTION FUNCTIONS IN THE SIM AND HAVE MORE CONTROL OVER THE OPERATION vs. flight conditions.

The worst thing would be to pile stuff on for which the user has little control and gets it always, whether he/she wants it or not under particular circumstances. JMHO.

2 Likes

+1 Would be fantastic!

1 Like

Rapeseed. Otherwise marketed as the highly processed “canola” oil. I always wondered - what’s a canola? Not to be confused with the ever popular canolli or granola.

1 Like

This is my only worry too. Perhaps base this on a slider system. Then, like other items we have now in the graphics menu, the graphic could be based on the performance one wishes to sacrifice in order to achieve that ever so sought after balance.

1 Like

I believe blackshark ai can and will improve things even further

But lets hope that there wont be a bug where instead of meadows game will show cannabis fields

2 Likes

Fantastic idea !
Could be done when the seasons will be implemented

1 Like

Yeah I can see it now…live scenarios along with live ATC with USCG aircraft running interdiction flights against the cartels flying in on the coast. Choppers with the US Boarder Patrol and the DHS spotting drug mules coming across the border, etc., etc.

2 Likes

yeah, why not. some special ops missions are always interesting.

1 Like

I definitely think that hedges and decorative flora around airport buildings should be a must. And crops would definitely look better with rows of furrows, especially if that had an impact on forced landings.

Flowers, however, are seasonal. So by voting for them, I’m also voting for seasonal terrain changes :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember, if you vote this up, also submit the idea to Zendesk as a feedback/suggestion. That goes direct to the devs. This thread does not.

2 Likes

There are quite a few cannabis fields around here, or rather industrial hemp fields.

Since Farmville is shutting down, get all those people to tend to farms in FS 2020!

3 Likes

Also add vineyards. I’ve been flying over Italy and all the vineyards are clearly visible on the sat map, but flat.

More variety in trees would be a good start.

1 Like

I like the idea. Some of the least visually appealing airports in the game are the rural ones which just have a flat ground texture and no grass around the runways. Some grass and vegetation would really make them more immersive.

2 Likes

Actually in the editor, there are lots of different types of trees etc. Most have the same model at the moment - maybe this is to be implemented later? Although I didn’t see any crop ones…

2 Likes

They should also add some random high trees in the rainforest, such as mahogany or huimba, over 50m / 150ft height

And in rainforest, as an ecological sensibility: all palm tree plantations look similar structured, but actually in the sim mostly over planted with standard trees and hence not visible from top

1 Like

This could add some great gameplay. Imagine doing cropdusting, search and rescue, or firefighting.

1 Like

Police search for the hemp fields? :rofl:

1 Like

With the helicopter addon, close surface details will have to be much better than now. Some improvements in the quality of the terrain will be needed anyway.