Honest Question

Hey, I just wanted to ask if there is something that can be done about this.
So far I am really positive about this game but seing the bridges from my city like that breaks the sense of (realism) for me.
They are simply not the same, position is though…
Any one that wants to look by themselves ingame, just look at the Quebec bridges.
Keep up the good work thanks a lot for bringing life back to microsoft flight simulator.
Cestbast.

Bridges have a long and much commented on status in some forums :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone could know or does know how many bridges there are in the USA, alone the rest of the world. I just hope they give people the info or tools needed to make them our self or make the default ones nicer. The one in my city that was built less then 10 ten years ago stands over 200 feet tall and is a wire suspension bridge so it would need to modeled and textured. I’m sure the same can be said for 90% of all bridges. Just look up Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge to see it.

1 Like

And a very nice bridge it is too (just looked). The SDK is now in the hands of some very good folk, so I wouldn’t be too concerned that they will stay in their current soggy state!

2 Likes

In the city of Amsterdam alone there are more than 1900 bridges… Can you imagine the whole world.

2 Likes

I hope the SDK & FS market can eventually be used to provide massive amounts of user created custom 3D content like bridges, churches and similar, more complex buildings.
There’s work to do. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

thanks for letting me know i’m not in a loophole by myself, lets hope it goes on with any follow up made by designers

2 Likes

This is very exciting!
I would hope the content would have technical standards/specifications like proper LODs and possibly making use of existing textures and shaders. Artists can be very creative with limits. This is not to limit the quality, but to overall still be very playable by a broader user base.
On my end, i would be very interested in knowing if there’ll be support soon in updating terrains.
I tried visiting some locations i’m familiar with, but so far aside from getting old map data, there are missing details that I wish could be properly seen from above.
Hopefully in the future, we would maybe, be allowed to upload our own map data (most likely taken and stitched from drone shots).
Either way… still looking forward with what the dev team plans to do with the software. :slight_smile:

1 Like